How do I publicise a seller who has very poor warranty service?

I purchased an item (which has a 1 year warranty) in August '13 which functioned well until late November. I returned the item to the seller in late December. Nine days ago they asked for funds to cover shipping of the item back to me. While this annoyed me, I took them at their word to shipp the item back - with a shipping number. As of today I STILL have no information about the item being shipped.

The seller has been on eBay since 2012 and have a positive rating of around 2500 and less than 100 neutral or negative.

How do I go about letting the eBay community know just who they are and what I have gone through?

Frustrated buyer

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'll answer your question for you.... unfortunately you cant

its against the board policy to name any buyers or sellers you are having issues with and you will have the post edited (name removed) and you can be reported

so the only thing you can do unfortunately is move on

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Mistake one. Expecting an ebay seller to actual live up to any stated warranty.

Mistake two. Sending it back and expecting not to pay for postage.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Mistake 3 it has been over 3 months so I don't think OP will see the item again

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Actually have to eat my words ... the item arrived today, apparently fixed (though this will take a while to check out fully).

I take your 'advice', although neither of you ACTUALLY answered my question - you simply judged my naivety.  I HAD hoped for some real information about just how to go about letting other potential buyers know of this seller, but I guess that some people get off on putting others down ...

Now I STILL don't know, and neither does anyone else who just may be looking for information such as this in the future.

flashfletch1

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

i'll answer your question for you.... unfortunately you cant

its against the board policy to name any buyers or sellers you are having issues with and you will have the post edited (name removed) and you can be reported

so the only thing you can do unfortunately is move on

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

sjr is correct - once the 45 days for paypal is over, and the 60 days for feedback has passed, nothing you can do to advise other buyers of this seller.

Thankfully it turned out okay, but just so you lknow for the future - warranty's offered on eBay are most likely invalid unless the seller is a registered distributor for the product the manufacturer has given the warranty on.

Also - underwarranty (Aus wide, not just eBay) the buyer is required to pay the cost of return so the seller can determine if the item is indeed faulty.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply