How long is postage from China mainland right now?

HI I bought some pajamas from China on the 11/8/2013 and they were posted on the 14/8/2013. The postage time was meant to be 7-14 days which I think is a bit short. They haven't arrived yet. I have received another pair of pajamas that I bought from Hong Kong 1 week after I bought them.

Understandably China will take longer than Hong Kong but what is a reasonable time frame to expect to receive them?

Thanks for your replies.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

it can take anything from ;ess than a week to over 4, I usually wait around 20 business days and if nothing has arrived and the tracking number shows little or no information I open a dispute through Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

it can take anything from ;ess than a week to over 4, I usually wait around 20 business days and if nothing has arrived and the tracking number shows little or no information I open a dispute through Paypal.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I buy quite a lot of stuff from both China and Hong Kong, and it has been my experience that items posted via Hong Kong Post will generally arrive within 12-14 days, a good 10-14 days ahead of most things which have been sent via China Post.

I've also noticed that quite a lot of my items from China arrive here with Singapore Post postmarks, and I'm assuming that due to Singapore's lower postal charges, some Chinese sellers bulk-ship their items to Singapore, before then being individually sent to the recipient, and this would account for the excessive delay with quite a large proportion of their deliveries.
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

35 days from china for my last purchase.
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I'm in WA and I've had 5 days as my quickest (and that included a weekend so they are my super favourite supplier now lol) and 3 weeks as my longest with a fair few packages never showing lately. I always joke that it's quicker for people in WA to get something from China than something from the Eastern states! ๐Ÿ˜„

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for your replies, it's been over 5 weeks with nothing received. PayPal dispute has been opened.
Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Customs seems to be picking more random parcels lately for inspection and it takes an extra week if that happens.

Latest reply

Thanks, its been over 6 weeks now with no item received. The dispute is about to end, probably in my favour unless it comes soon. The seller in China is sending me polite messages asking me to cancel dispute if I have received the item. It's not much money only $14.99 but I guess it is a lot of money to someone in China, however I thats how paypal eBay and buyer protection works. Plus there's no guarantee that they have sent it because there is no tracking, eBay have also removed the listing for the item that they were selling, which is interesting. Thanks for all your ansers.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I'm having the same problem. Item bought from China mid-August still not here. Seller has been contacted and has asked for me to wait for the full 35 days (32 days up today). I will wait until Monday and take it up with them again. Thus far they have been co-operative and polite. Guess they don't like INR disputes!!

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply