How to contact fellow buyer

I am interested in an item but the seller is new to eBay and does not have any feedback but  he/she has sold 10 lots of this item at a considerable amount of money but does not have any feedback from any buyer as yet.

So question.... how can/do I determine if this is genuine or not? Is there any way I can contact a buyer to ask about their purchase, like is the item OK did it arrive on time? are they happy with it and the service from the seller?

I don't want to go through with the purchase only to find out I might have to make a claim and wait weeks for my money to be returned.

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@dungogvolts,

The seller is new. Member since: 07-Nov-21 in Australia - and 0 feedback. 🚨

The seller has this item priced at $398. The manufacturer's website shows its partners, including authorised seller on eBay. That seller is NOT the seller at whom you're looking.

See here: _new-link.gif

You'll see the eBay logo; click onto that, and you will then see the authorised eBay seller for this brand.

In other words, it is very likely that this is not an authorised reseller. Contact Devanti if you want to be sure. I don't have their phone number, but there is a contact form on their website. Gut feeling, though - this seller is not an authorised reseller. Why would Devanti allow a 0 feedback non-professional-looking eBayer be an authorised reseller for their products?  🚨

The EDD looks too long to me. When you check Kogan (another of the brand's authorised resellers), the same item leaves the warehouse in 1-2 days. Checking Myer, they don't keep these in stock, but rather if the item is ordered from Myer, it's sent from their "Marketplace partner". Looking on Devanti's own site about shipping, they send from their warehouse in Victoria, and delivery time within Victoria is approximately 3-5 working days. (I'm in VIC, within Greater Melbourne, and the EDD is "Estimated between Thu. 3 Mar. and Wed. 9 Mar." as of today. The delivery information in the listing also says "Will usually post within 10 business days of receiving cleared payment." 🚨

It does not gel.

The listing item's specifics are all wrong. The brand name is "Unbranded", the energy rating is 5 stars, etc., etc., whereas in the description, the energy rating is correctly shown as 2 stars, and the brand name is mentioned in the "Package Content" (sic). 🚨

The photos are small and cannot be zoomed for clarity. (The manufacturer's stock photos CAN be zoomed.) 🚨

The price is $398, while the price direct from the manufacturer is $585.99. The eBay and Kogan partner do give a discounted price - just over $500. I could accept that as within an acceptable range, given that the margin on these sorts of item might not be above 25%. Let's say 30% to be extremely generous. That would give the seller a cost price of around $410. The seller would be depending on volume to give a decent return... Yes, I could see the seller able to make a profit by selling the dishwasher at around $500.

But... a seller offering this item at $398 with free shipping? That would not even cover the wholesale price. 🚨

Conclusion

It's not a realistic price, and the seller has no reputation whatsoever. There is strong reason to assume the seller is not an authorised reseller for that brand. The delivery timeframe seems out of whack. The listing is amateurish. In short: scam.

I suspect that the buyers will either receive nothing, or they'll receive a similar-looking unbranded version dropshipped from China. Note that the seller was very careful not to include the actual brand name in the title or the item specifics, and may have tripped themselves up slightly by copy-pasting the description in which the brand name is actually referred to.

Advice

Run away! If you want to buy this on eBay, buy from the authorised seller that you can find from the link on the manufacturer's website. I would not actually purchase from that particular seller myself, but at least you would have a real warranty.

View solution in original post

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Hmmmm, yeah

10 identical items 'sold'

No feedback for a single one of them

Only uses stock photos

I would'nt even bother going there personally

And no, you can't obtain other buyer's details from eBay to contact them

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Many years ago the buyer's identity was not hidden (well, at least not in the feedback), but now you can't contact other buyers or know their identity.

All the items were sold in the last month, so, if you are really interested but think it might be risky, maybe you can wait and see if somebody leaves feedback in the next few weeks.

PS: Only 1 item sold according to "sold listings"? Hmmm...

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

All of that is what feedback is about.

There is none - don't bother.

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

Shows ten sold to me

Fast Benchtop Dishwasher 6 Place free shipping

Condition:
Brand New

Quantity:
2 available / 10 sold

And the '10 sold' shows ten different buyers

Screams dodgy as to me
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

I meant if you go to completed listings or sold listings on the left side ("show only") under "item location"...

(edited to exclude the name of the seller)

Screenshot 2022-02-10 102050.png

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

I understand, but would'nt that be because all ten were listed under the 'same single listing' when posted and the most recent one from that listing sold on Feb 7th?

If the one that is 'for sale' now sells, say today, would'nt that just go under the same thing under 'completed listings' and it would go to 11 sold with today's date as the most recent 

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Maybe, I am not sure how it really works because I am not a seller... It "should" be clearer, but it is certainly  possible that it says 1 result because it is the same listing and item number, as you say. After all, yes, it says "sold listings", not "sold items".

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

Anyway, 3-4 weeks for delivery, so the first buyers should just start getting it?

Keep an eye on the feedback page, OP. 

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

First time I've ever seen this - age verification?? That isn't an Aus Post thing, is it?

------------------

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 8.38.39 am.png

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply