How to track item

Bought a phone last week and it was shipped a day after I paid it. My problem is its got no tracking number because its just domestic standard postage. How can I track the item? Plus I'm not sure if Australia Post deliver parcel in rural areas. Please help.
Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

How to track item

The seller is under no obligation to pass on a tracking number, if there is one.  I have never bothered to track an item I am waiting for unless it gets overdue, I allow 12 working days for domestic and 15 to 20 for overseas. If a mobile phone is being posted within Australia it should have a road only sticker on it and may take longer, especially if you are in a rural area. Only you can know if AP deliver to your property or expect you to collect parcels from your nearest PO.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

How to track item

If you are concerned, you should ask AP directly how long it might take from the seller's location to yours. If it then takes too long, you can follow it up with the seller. Don't let your 45 days of buyer protection expire if you paid with Paypal, if you do not get it in a reasonable time frame, you can open an item not received claim; that will give you another 20 days of protection. If you have a claim going and get the phone you can just close the claim. Without a tracking number, you just have to wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

How to track item

The seller is under no obligation to pass on a tracking number, if there is one.  I have never bothered to track an item I am waiting for unless it gets overdue, I allow 12 working days for domestic and 15 to 20 for overseas. If a mobile phone is being posted within Australia it should have a road only sticker on it and may take longer, especially if you are in a rural area. Only you can know if AP deliver to your property or expect you to collect parcels from your nearest PO.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

How to track item

If you are concerned, you should ask AP directly how long it might take from the seller's location to yours. If it then takes too long, you can follow it up with the seller. Don't let your 45 days of buyer protection expire if you paid with Paypal, if you do not get it in a reasonable time frame, you can open an item not received claim; that will give you another 20 days of protection. If you have a claim going and get the phone you can just close the claim. Without a tracking number, you just have to wait.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply