I am **bleep** off that there is a gliche in the ebay system and I can not get in touch with them

I have no idea who might read this but I am seriously unhappy I have paid for something I have not received.  I have contacted the seller and with no joy and there is a glich in the ebay system which means I can not get help or support from them either.  Does anyone have any answers please?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I am **bleep** off that there is a gliche in the ebay system and I can not get in touch with them

Go to the item in your purchase history and in the dropdown on the right select "I didn't receive me item". Follow the prompts. The seller has 7 days to either refund you, or provide a tracking number that states delivered. If they can't do that, then you ask eBay to step in and help and you will get a refund.

You are talking to other members like yourself here. Please come back and let us know how you get on. If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck!

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

I have already tried that several times but it does not connect me with the item and  therefore can not help me.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

When I ordered the item I didn't sign in I just did it as a visitor.  It seems then that then if you sign in to get assistance the system does not recognise you as the buyer.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I'm assuming you have registered an account now if you're posting here? Did you pay via PayPal using an account rather than as a guest? Try logging into PayPal and see if the transaction is in there. If it is, you can open an item not received dispute that way. If you don't have a PayPal account, I'm guessing you paid as a guest with a credit card. In that case, all you can really do is initiate a chargeback from your bank but there are time limits on that too.

How long ago did you buy and is the seller in Australia?

In future, when coming in here with an issue, you need to give as much info as possible as there was no way anyone could have known your purchased as a guest. It can totally change the advice given depending on the info you give.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks,  i had no idea purchasing as a guest would be such a problem. I did it  that way because it has been so long since I used ebay that I didn't know my login details etc.

Anyway, I didn't use paypay, that was my second mistake.  The seller is in Australia and I will contact my bank and have the transaction reversed.

All this also means I can't post a comment ab out the seller either.

Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

If you paid using bank deposit you don't have a hope of getting the money reversed, only if you used a credit/debit card.

If you're going to keep using eBay, open a PayPal account. It doesn't cost you anything and if there are no funds in it when you want to buy something, it comes straight from your nominated account, whether that be a credit card or savings account. If it comes from a savings account it may spawn an echeque payment, which takes a few days to clear like a regular cheque. A seller is not obliged to send the item until the payment has cleared. There should be a message in red during the payment process saying it will be processed as an echeque.

If you pay by PayPal via an account (not as a guest), then you are fully protected in these situations. I hope it all works out for you.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

If it was a lot of money and you paid by bank deposit then you should contact the seller and tell them if they do not either provide you with valid tracking or a refund (give them your bank details) within 48 hours you will report them to the police through ACORN, the on-line portal for reporting Internet fraud. Of course if it is a hi-jacked account or the seller is overseas it is an empty threat.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

If your having problems and you can't do it yourself then call EBay, they will do it from their end. They have done that for me before

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply