I believe it is a fraud

I bought a laptop on June 7th, 2022. The seller didn't send me tracking number till June 10th, 2022. So I sent the seller some messages.

And then I got tracking number on June 11th,2022. But someone has already taken the item on June 8th,2022. However, I didn't get the item. So I check that on FedEx. But it is not a laptop. It is too big and too heavy.

The seller lives in Ireland. But the item shipped in UK(England). And it just took 4 days from UK to Australia. And the seller updated the tracking number after someone took the item.

What's more I have to pay Value added tex when I import a item over $1,000 to the customs. But I didn't get a notice about that. The seller used the other person's tracking number. So I believe it is a fraud. 

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I believe it is a fraud

I'm trying to work out why you would buy a laptop from an overseas seller with zero feedback?

What's wrong with purchasing a laptop from an Australian store? At least it would have a warranty.

You can't even open a case for "Not received" as you will lose it as the tracking shows delivered.

What a hassle, and without a doubt you've been scammed.

FYI, nobody will notify you about import taxes.  All charges related to the cost of import are the buyers responsibility, including the application of GST.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I believe it is a fraud

A lot of what you are saying doesn't make sense date-wise.

What is the item number (RHS of the listing page)  ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

I believe it is a fraud

eBay item number : 304517674264

I bought 7th of June.

The seller sent me the item 6th of June ( on the tracking number ).  so I think it is fraud. I didn't get the item.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

I believe it is a fraud

OK, a zero feedback seller selling a high end product would start to ring alarm bells for me, as does the tracking number relating to the previous day (even allowing for the time difference).

What is the final ETA for it ?  You can't do much regarding a non-delivery until that has passed. But I would be having a very close look at the Fed Ex tracking and trying to find out exactly where it is being sent to. Also query the seller on the disparity on the tracking.

Because it's over AU$1,000 then yes customs duty will have to be paid for it before it clears customs - I have no idea how customs handle that as I've never dealt with that type of import. But you could look that up on-line.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

I believe it is a fraud

I'm trying to work out why you would buy a laptop from an overseas seller with zero feedback?

What's wrong with purchasing a laptop from an Australian store? At least it would have a warranty.

You can't even open a case for "Not received" as you will lose it as the tracking shows delivered.

What a hassle, and without a doubt you've been scammed.

FYI, nobody will notify you about import taxes.  All charges related to the cost of import are the buyers responsibility, including the application of GST.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

I believe it is a fraud

It was so cheap and I believe people. And I trust the e-bay can cover on it( e-bay money back guarantee).

Yes, it was my fault. But it doesn't mean someone can commit a fraud on me.

And I have to pay V.A.T to the customs. The customs didn't contact me. It means the tracking number is not true. The seller used the other person's tracking number and. The product was not a laptop.

If it was a laptop and the seller send me that. The customs or FedEx contacted to me about V.A.T. What's more I just want to buy a laptop cheaper. 

It is not fault. The fraud was wrong. It is my opinion.

Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

I believe it is a fraud

Yes, I agree with the other posters that it sounds like a scam. The date could possibly be earlier because the US tracking might indicate US time, but all the rest sounds a bit suspicious.

However, as Padi said, you will have to wait until the last day of the estimated delivery before you can do something.

Can you post exactly what the tracking says?

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

I believe it is a fraud

Concerning size and weight, I have found this for FedEx Economy:

Parcel weight will be determined by either actual or volumetric weight (VW) or whichever is higher. 

So maybe the seller used volumetric weight? Assuming for a sec that he is not a scammer, he would have used a large box to protect the laptop...

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

I believe it is a fraud

FedEx : 777044301287

Even considering the 9 hour time difference between the UK  and Australia. It is impossible for a delivery to start a day early.

The order was placed around 5pm on the 7th of June. Shipping should have started in the morning of the same day.

This tracking number is a different product.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

I believe it is a fraud

스크린샷(7).jpg

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply