I bought a mimco bag on eBay and used it for a few days and one of the handles became unstitched

I don't even think it is an authentic mimco bag but an imitation. Seller is not interested in helping me and claims it was new. Not sure if I can do anything about this. I'm not happy as I paid $115 for it and it broke!!
Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

I bought a mimco bag on eBay and used it for a few days and one of the handles became unstitched

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you paid with paypal and it is less than 45 days you can open a Not As Described dispute.

Unless you can get written proof that it is a fake do not mention that or you will lose the dispute.

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

Thanks for the advice. Cheers.
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

why not take it into the nearest Mimco Store and see if they can offer a solution?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

In your position I would open a not as described case on the basis that the handbag has broken after a few days use, which is inconsistent with the quality of the brand and that you think it may be a second or a replica. 

If you purchased from an Australian business they are required by law to accept returns and refund or replace if the goods are not of acceptable quality.

I would never insist in a paypal dispute that an item was fake, unless I had written proof from the manufacturer or a reputable authenticater.  Whilst you may suspect it is not authentic, a paypal claim is not won on accusations alone.

In a paypal dispute clearly outline where the bag has broken and upload photos of the damage to support your claim. 

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

That sellers items practically scream counterfeit.

JMO but I'd be contacting & telling them they had 48 hrs to refund you in full or you will be reporting to Online Fraud,which I would do anyway as a matter of principle.

I'd also be leaving them a neg re selling counterfeit items.

I pity the poor buyers who have been conned over the 'Gucci' sunnies & the 'Mimco' watch.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

I would not advise threatening a seller that if they don't refund you will report them to the police, IMO it may be considered extortion - even if they are selling fake goods.  

If the seller reports any message like that to ebay, your user account may be placed in jeopardy.

To get your funds back, use the paypal dispute process.

If you are convinced the goods are fake,  report them to the online fraud police without advising the seller, and the police will take it from there. 

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

Cats-threatening a seller with Online Fraud & stating that I would do that anyway as a matter of principle,could in no way be considered as extortion.

Also,under ebay policy,extortion only applies to feedback ie

Threatening to leave negative or neutral feedback for another member unless the other member provides goods or services not included in the original listing is not permitted.

Buyers are not allowed to threaten sellers with negative Feedback, neutral Feedback or low Detailed Seller Ratings in order to obtain goods or services not included in the original listing. 

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Extortion is a criminal offence. 

Best avoided in any scenario where money is sought for not reporting a criminal act such as fraud  - even it is to do with refunds on ebay.

If you think someone is defrauding you, you should report the alleged crime, not use it to leverage a refund.

Encouraging people to threaten any sellers in this way may also send out mixed messages to others that lurk on these boards too.

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

I cant tell you now, the Gucci sunglasses they sold are totallyfake.

I have never heard of mimco being replicated but that certainly doesnt mean it hasnt.

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply