I got my money back - this is why you should use PayPal

On the 18th I won an iPad and paid with PP, the seller then told me she wouldn't accept the payment

I told her that she offered PP so needed to accept the payment

I was then told that due to an eBay mistake the payment was sent to the wrong PP account and it would be sorted out and refunded, at that point I went straight to dispute enough is enough, in the fullness of time I have a full refund 🙂

she offered the iPad to an under bidder who paid with DD and has been in touch with me - he appears to have lost his money as do 2 others who have been in touch with me

You should always use PayPal

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

So What happened to the hard and fast Ebay rule of sellers MUST use at least one APPROVED payment method?

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

It happens a lot!!

sellers have paypal in the listings then demand direct deposit only, pointless reporting them just avoid

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

she offered the iPad to an under bidder who paid with DD and has been in touch with me - he appears to have lost his money as do 2 others who have been in touch with me

That's because it's a  hijacked account and they paid with an unsafe payment.

1 feedback,selling high priced items on 3 day listings and demanding bank deposit still doesn't seem to sink in with members that it's a scam.

8 different bidders on the lens and the same on the camera,:O

12 on one of the iPads and 7 on the other,:O

That makes 35 members that didn't have a clue that these are scam listings,:_|

Op,you where lucky that you paid by Paypal and that they didn't want to claim the payment

I was then told that due to an eBay mistake the payment was sent to the wrong PP account

Typical response as that's not how they wanted to be paid,(they would have just let it sit there and not claimed it).

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply