I have purchased an item that never arrived and the seller does not respond to my queries.

How can i get my money back or get a replacement if the seller does not reply to my emails? I paid using Paypal . Is their anything I can do to get my money back as i would prefer to buy from someone else on ebay.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I have purchased an item that never arrived and the seller does not respond to my queries.

When did you purchase it? You have 45 days to lodge a claim with paypal then a further 20 days to escalate it to a claim. if you are within the 45 days go to the item in your purchases section click on the drop down menu on the RHS and select resolve a problem I think it says, and go from there. Or you can go to paypal and go to the resolution centre.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

how long ago did you pay for the item?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

When did you purchase it? You have 45 days to lodge a claim with paypal then a further 20 days to escalate it to a claim. if you are within the 45 days go to the item in your purchases section click on the drop down menu on the RHS and select resolve a problem I think it says, and go from there. Or you can go to paypal and go to the resolution centre.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Just over 3 weeks ago.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ok that's good news

go to PayPal and raise a claim for item not received (It's in their resolve a problem section. You have 45 days to do this.

Make sure that you do raise it to a claim within 20 days (I think is the time frame)

once it is raised to a claim, PayPal generally give the seller 10 days to respond.

If they don't respond the case will automatically be found in your favour.

If they do respond, they will need to show proof of postage and a tracking number, if they can't. the case will be found in your favour.

Keep in mind that if you purchased the item from over seas, 3 weeks isn't very long, so it may well be on the way.

Also even domesticly, there are some shocking stories on the boards of extraordinaruily long postage times because of Australia Post, NOT the seller.

JUST remember that you have 45 days in which to raise the claim with PayPal (from date of purchase) no matter what the seller says (if they communicate with you or PayPal) DO not be tricked into letting this 45 days pass.

Once that time elapses, there is no recourse.

Also remember that you have 60 days in which to leave feedback if you choose to do so.

But before leaving feedback do consider how much of the delayed delivery is the seller's fault, ok? The seller cannot control the postal service or how it operates.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply