I have won and paid $993 for an item and it is not delivered ? is the scam reported to police?

Are obvious scams and ripoffs reported to police? If not why not?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I have won and paid $993 for an item and it is not delivered ? is the scam reported to police?

Yes, they are reportable. There is an online fraud squad, based in Qld, but for Australia-wide.

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/programs/cscp/fraud/complaints.htm

First though, did you pay with Paypal? You get 45 days of buyer protection, to open an item not received claim.

Past that, try your bank for a chargeback if you funded it with a credit card.

If it was a bank transfer, you do not have buyer protection, and have to rely on seller honesty.

Have you given it enough time to arrive? If you have, then email the seller if you haven't already, and ask for a tracking number.

If no luck with that, go to Paypal.

Do not let the claim time expire. If the seller is no longer registered (you can see that on their profile) open a claim now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is the outboard motor the listing says it is a Chinese model.....I suspect it is coming from China.

You have just missed the cutoff time for a paypal claim so you will have to try a bank chargeback if it was funded by a credit card.

Ebay does not report the seller to the police...you have to do that yourself.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I see from the seller's feedback that their Paymate account has been closed and they were asking for bank deposit.

Please tell me you did not fall for that old trick.

Their other option was for Visa/Mastercard...I hope you used that.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

The seller sold another of those outboards on 4th march Lyndal, wonder if we'll see that buyer here as well????

Wonder how long it'll take for the seller to become NARU?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Sorry that should have been 4th April...........................sigh............

edit........nope it was 4th march.......back to bed for me........

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply