I paid for the item and now the seller has decided she no longer wants to sell it.

I paid for the item and the seller has now changed her mind. i received an email ia paypal saying she has refunded my money an cancelled the trasaction as she no longer wants to sell it.

is she allowed t do this? what buyer protection is available? shouldnt she be obligated to sell the top?

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I paid for the item and now the seller has decided she no longer wants to sell it.

Technically, the seller is obligated to follow through with the sale, but realistically there is nothing you can do to make them unless you're prepared to take measures like initiate court proceedings. Otherwise, your options are to leave factual feedback (if desired), and/or accept or decline the cancellation. Declining the cancellation request means the seller won't get a refund of the final value fee charged on the sale, and is still technically obliged to follow through with the it (but again, it can't force them to).

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

IMO if they are a very new seller I woud just tell tem it isn't OK and if they had noot been new I would definitely be leaving them a neg and reporting them for seller non performance (we know it is apparently pointless but if they are new it may give them a wake up call) so you hope they lern for this and make sure they only list items they want to sell and tht they always set a start price at a figure they are happy to sell at.

If they were an experience seller I would neg em, trash their DSRs and refuse a mutual cancellstion.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

If they were an experience seller I would neg em, trash their DSRs and refuse a mutual cancellstion.-pj

I would refuse a cancellation and give them a negative anyway.

If they are competent enough to be able to list on ebay and issue a refund, then they should be competent enough to know if you list something and sell it, you are meant to carry through with the transaction.

If they don't know it, then negative feedback now might do them the world of good.

If someone makes a genuine mistake, fair enough cut them some slack. But this seller hasn't. She has just decided she has changed her mind and thinks that is acceptable. Rid her of that attitude while she is a newbie or she will carry on as she started.Woman Sad

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply