I recently purchased 2 vintage WW11 leather holsters

I recently purchased 2 vintage WW11 leather holsters from the United States.

I received an email from eBay saying the item is deemed restricted.

Since when has a piece of leather became restricted. I have imported dozens

of leather holsters over the years with no problems.

I want an answer to this.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@armstron_611 wrote:

Yeah. If it was up to you there would be nothing of the sort on ebay. Complete erasing of history. Isnt that right 

Best to buy directly from auction houses who do their own shipping, check customs but other than that ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ

Message 11 of 23
Latest reply

@11dustyattic wrote:

@armstron_611 wrote:

Yeah. If it was up to you there would be nothing of the sort on ebay. Complete erasing of history. Isnt that right 

Best to buy directly from auction houses who do their own shipping, check customs but other than that ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Œ

Sorry, or sell the same way

Message 12 of 23
Latest reply

@armstron_611 wrote:

Smiley Surprised  Don't shoot the messenger.

I am not responsible for the ebay rules and in fact I am a collector of Vietnam War era Naval memorabilia myself.

Message 13 of 23
Latest reply

@lyndal1838 wrote:

@armstron_611 wrote:

Smiley Surprised  Don't shoot the messenger.

I am not responsible for the ebay rules and in fact I am a collector of Vietnam War era Naval memorabilia myself.

all in the tone, the delivery

Message 14 of 23
Latest reply

Feel free to rewrite my post in the way you think is appropriate, bearing in mind that the OP was hardly polite to the members here with his demands.

Remember that I do not do sugar coating.....just facts.

Message 15 of 23
Latest reply

@jessndog wrote:

I recently purchased 2 vintage WW11 leather holsters from the United States.

I received an email from eBay saying the item is deemed restricted.

Since when has a piece of leather became restricted. I have imported dozens

of leather holsters over the years with no problems.

I want an answer to this.

Hi, I'm very sorry to hear of your  bad experience. Gun holsters, well I can't see any reason why they would be restricted.

Please could you tell us whether they were sent via USPS or that Pitney Bowes GSP (Global Shipping Program) ? Thanks.

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

If the seller is using the GSP run by Pitney Bowes then it may be PB deeming the items restricted.

They are often very strict as to what they will process.

Anyway jessndog, what kopenhagen5 said above may have a bearing on all of this.

Anyway if not then there has to be some kind of mad overkill on items in deeming them restricted.

Message 16 of 23
Latest reply

It is not necessarily the fact of what the items are that makes them restricted 4channel.

If you read the restricted items policy you will see that there are a lot of restrictions on items that have connections to both Wars, Nazis etc.

And PB are very hard on anything that they deem to be restricted whether it has any connection to Australian Customs or not.  It is just like their blanket ban on knives....no knives will be shipped by PB to Australia....not even a butter knife.

Message 17 of 23
Latest reply

Yeah that sounds about right.  If there are resterictions on WWII German stuff it's probably because of those half-wits that get off on that kind of stuff and use them in their hate crusades. Then  they stuff it up for geniuine collectors.

Message 18 of 23
Latest reply

Theyโ€™ve also frustrated purchasers wanting some Arthur Price butter knives, driving said purchasers to buy directly from the cutler.

Yes, itโ€™s I, the (genuinely) frustrated butter knife buyer.

Now, shall it be bead... or Old English... or Rattail...?

(Shameful secret: I also want the Titanic cutlery set, just to hold a Titanic dinner for a nice group of friends willing to don clothing to fit the era... once itโ€™s safe to gather again. I could do it! Get some plywood, try to - somehow - paint it like the interior of the ship and cut out portholes... Iโ€™ve got a tablecloth of linen using the exact pattern used on board... but lord have mercy, the cutlery is horribly expensive. It would never get here if I ordered from a seller using the GSP. Itโ€™s the butter knife factor all over again. Never mind... Iโ€™m not quite mad enough (although whimsical in my relative current solitude) to spend THAT much for cutlery based on that theme. You must admit that this is a disgraceful secret indeed... or was, since Iโ€™ve just spilled the beans.)

(PS: Everyoneโ€™s invited to this whimsical non-existent party. I canโ€™t believe itโ€™s not a butter knife party.)

Message 19 of 23
Latest reply

I am prepared to furnish my own butter knife. It might not be period, though.

Message 20 of 23
Latest reply