I was charged "GLOBALSHIP EBAY G" fees for ebay purchases that my card was declined for.

nathe_73
Community Member

I did not top up my card with enough $ to afford the purchase so my card was declined twice. I then went to check if i had enough on my card only to realise i was still charged over $100 in the shipping fees ( charged twice for each purchase attempt $50 each time). I contacted the seller and he informed me that he was not notified of any purchases. So why was I charged the shipping costs for an item twice even though my card was declined and the transaction did not go through? How do I get my money back??

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I was charged "GLOBALSHIP EBAY G" fees for ebay purchases that my card was declined for.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The shipping is charged separately to the item costs....there must have been enough credit on the card for it to go through but the item costs were declined.  Two payment attempts, two shipping charges.

All I can suggest is to contact the Global Shipping Service....sorry I don't know how to do that but someone may be along later who can help.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

joz15au
Community Member
Maybe contact your bank/card provider. They will be able to see that the other charges were declined and may be able to reverse the shipping charges as well.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply