Inappropriate Feedback From Ebay Store.

I have been buying from an ebay store.Even though the store has delivered good quality products and their service is very good,the only complaint I have its their inappropriate feedback. I pay with paypal on each transaction. This is what their feedback says each time:

"Thank you for your order."

Thats all they put.Every time I've bought from them thats all they've said. I did contact them twice to bring it to their attention.No change in their feedback. I started giving them similar feedback:

"Thank you for my order".

What should I do?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Feedback is voluntary, not compulsory and a member can put what they like.

Many sellers put exactly what you have been given as it's often set to auto with the same comments and I don't find that comment inappropriate. They have politely thanked you for your custom.

As well, at least they left you feedback, many sellers can't be bothered.

image host
Message 2 of 39
Latest reply

Why is their feedback "inappropriate"?

What difference does it make as to what method you paid by?

You bought, you paid and they thanked you.

What did you want - flowery poetic commentary telling you how brilliant you are and that you are the best buyer EVER???

Would it make any difference to your feedback score? Nobody reads the positive comments anyway.

Many sellers, especially high volume ones set their feedback to be automated to just one comment.

Sheesh.

Message 3 of 39
Latest reply

@cushioncovers wrote:

Why is their feedback "inappropriate"?

What difference does it make as to what method you paid by?

You bought, you paid and they thanked you.

What did you want - flowery poetic commentary telling you how brilliant you are and that you are the best buyer EVER???

Would it make any difference to your feedback score? Nobody reads the positive comments anyway.

Many sellers, especially high volume ones set their feedback to be automated to just one comment.

Sheesh.

i Kudos this 1000 times..well said.Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 39
Latest reply

Then my similar feedback is appropriate too.

Message 5 of 39
Latest reply

@austmagz wrote:

I have been buying from an ebay store.Even though the store has delivered good quality products and their service is very good,the only complaint I have its their inappropriate feedback. I pay with paypal on each transaction. This is what their feedback says each time:

"Thank you for your order."

Thats all they put.Every time I've bought from them thats all they've said. I did contact them twice to bring it to their attention.No change in their feedback. I started giving them similar feedback:

"Thank you for my order".

What should I do?

Thanks.

Good grief,  you must be kidding me.    "inappropriate feedback" ???/ what on earth do you mean?    The seller has said thank you.     What do you want them to say?

Message 6 of 39
Latest reply

The seller thanked you politely for your purchase, how is that inappropriate?  SInce sellers are no longer able to leave negative feedback for buyers, it is virtually impossible for a buyer to have less than 100% feedback, and many sellers don't bother to leave feedback at all, or use the automated system to do so. As a result, all their feedback comments would be exactly the same, as in this case.  Because they can't leave negatives, anything a seller says in feedback has no capacity to damage your feedback rating.  You would only have cause for complaint if they left a negative comment with a positive rating, and in that case eBay would likely remove it anyway if you asked them to. 

Yes, your similar comment would be acceptable (if a little ingracious), unless it was left with a grey (neutral) or red (negative) dot.  This would be  just plain petty.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 7 of 39
Latest reply

I think maybe the OP has missed the point of giving feedback, maybe has missed the tutorial.

The buyers feedback is to show other buyers what the transaction was like:   so,  comment should be about whether the item was as described?  was the seller quick to post?   etc

So a full positive comment could be:    Great transaction, item as descibed;  posted promptly;  carefully packed.

However, the seller's comment can only be positive and what can they say?   The buyer bought, and he paid, so "thank you for your order" seems very appropriate.     Much better than nothing at all.    That way the buyer can see that the seller has received payment, and is thanking them for the purchase.

In a fantasy world sellers would able to be much more creative "Buyer harrassed me with several emails, didn't pay on time, was a total whinger, don't sell anything to this buyer ever"

Message 8 of 39
Latest reply

What can i say, oh yeah, Thanks for your post.

Message 9 of 39
Latest reply

@austmagz wrote:

What should I do?

I'm resisting other, less respectable urges right now Smiley Embarassed, and just want to ask you a couple of genuine questions...

What do you want to do?

More importantly, what do you want the seller to do?

What kind of feedback do you feel would be appropriate (and/or why is the FB the seller currently provides inappropriate)?

How does the wording of the seller's feedback affect the transaction so much that it becomes the subject of a negative post, while other aspects of the transaction (service and product quality) seem to become minor points that don't negate how you feel about the wording of their feedback? 

Message 10 of 39
Latest reply