Incorrect postage

tam.j
Community Member
Could someone please give a suggestion on what to do.
I purchased 3 rings in mid February and have been waiting for the seller to combine the postage.
I have messaged the seller 4 times over the past weeks with no response back, I have even emailed eBay and asked them if they could help me.
The seller has on their listing " I combine as many as 15 items all for the same single price, saves a small fortune on p&p.
So after a few days when the postage wasn't combined that's when I sent a message to the seller.
eBay responded back to me and said that maybe the seller was away or that they may have had a emergency, so to keep trying the messages, as they couldn't do anything.
I have been expecting a unpaid item case but so far nothing.
All I want to do is pay .
Not sure if the seller is hoping I will pay so they get extra money as I can't think of any other reason why they haven't responded to my messages, I have also noticed they have put new listings on .
A friend of mine suggested I pay via their email for the discounted price and then mark it as paid but I'm not sure if that will work.
Any suggestions on what to do please, thanks.
Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Incorrect postage

I are not sending the invoice it might be they are not on ebay and have had as suggested by ebay an emergency.

Listing does not mean much as they can auto relist when items end.

You can do the request for contact details and call them if that helps.

Find contact information

You will need the item number and sellers ID to enter into that link.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

If it is the seller in the UK the listing states that they combine up to 15 items for the one price...GBP3.40

The seller in the USA will combine 3 items for the price of $2.99.

Whichever one it is, try adding the postage to the invoice yourself and see if you can pay it.

Have you actually tried going through checkout again since you asked for a new invoice?  It is not uncommon for the seller to alter the invoice so it shows there but the actual invoice never arrives in your inbox.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

I can't ring them as they are from England.
Maybe your'e right and something has come up, does anything happen if I just sit it out ?
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

Just tried going through checkout again and the cost hasn't changed.
So instead of 3.40 pound it is 10..20. What do you think about my friends suggestion to pay them via their email , cost of rings plus 3.40 and then for me to mark it payed.
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

Have you tried altering the postage on the invoice yourself?

I would not try paying to their email address or you will void your ebay buyer protection.  The payment must be linked to an ebay transaction as as soon as you put those details in paypal will automatically come up with the invoice with the incorrect postage.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

I have gone to view order details and it says standard international postage charge 10.20 which is different than the listing, also says up to 10 items not 15 .
I can't change the postage.
I feel that after nearly 3 weeks it is like who is going to give in first.
Maybe I'm very wrong and they have a personal problem but on the other hand are they just waiting for me to give in and pay the extra postage cost.I really want the items and just want to solve this so maybe I will just have to pay the difference.
Thanks for your help.
Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

Unless they open non payer disputes nothing will happen.

If they do then contact ebay and they can see your messages asking for the combined invoice as per add and they should close the case in your favor and remove any strikes if given any.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

Thankyou both for your information.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Incorrect postage

I can't ring them as they are from England.

Why can't you ring them? It is not veru expensive with most providers to call the UK and if you use Skype it is not much more than a national call.

If you want to pay and don't want them to profit from not combininf then uncombine the invoice and pay for eacj one separately preferably using friends or relatives address for two of them so they will be out a basic Paypal fee on all three instead of just one as well as having to send them in different parcels.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply