Is anyone sick of Sellers lying about their location? 2 sellers not in Sydney as stated

I have ordered 2 items from seperate sellers who claim to by in Sydney. I chose them over others as I wanted these items delivered quickly. They both posted on the day of purchase which means I should receive the items within 2 business days, but this has not happened and their is no tracking provided. Im annoyed 

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Is anyone sick of Sellers lying about their location? 2 sellers not in Sydney as stated

This is an ongoing problem with (mostly) Chinese sellers, all you can do is firstly before buying check their feedback and see where they are registered, and if they do send from China not Sydney leave appropriate FB to warn others.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

@toys2click4 wrote:

I have ordered 2 items from seperate sellers who claim to by in Sydney. I chose them over others as I wanted these items delivered quickly. They both posted on the day of purchase which means I should receive the items within 2 business days, but this has not happened and their is no tracking provided. Im annoyed 

sorry to read that you are annoyed.  Have they admitted to not being in Sydney?  OR, do you suspect they are not in Sydney because you havenโ€™t received your item within 2 bus days?

Even if you are located in the same suburb as the seller it would be a stretch to expect that the item would arrive within 2 days if posted with Australia Post unless it was express post.

Aust Post delivery times are not predictable.  There are anecdotal examples reported on these boards from members who live in Sydney area, buy from a Sydney based seller yet the item has taken over a week to arrive, yet a book seller reported recently that they sent a book from Canberra to W.A. and it arrived in 4 days.

A lot can depend on the day of the week that you buy.  If you buy on a Wednesday and the item is posted Wednesday and you expect it to arrive on Friday (i.e. 2 business days) then I think you are setting yourself up to be disappointed.  If you buy on a Monday and the item is posted Monday and arrives Thursday (3 bus days) then you would be very lucky IMO.

If you absolutely, positively, desperately needed the item within 2 business days then you will be hard pressed to buy anything online that will meet your needs in terms of speedy delivery.  Better to buy for a B&M store for such time sensitive items.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

An item I bought supposedly within Australia that took a couple of weeks to get here (normal where I live even from Australia) but had a minor damage in transit, sent the seller a follow up as I've not received the replacement parts and get an auto reply about seller is away due to China's national week long holiday.

Says it all really.
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

This week or 2 off in October has been going on for a long long time in China, they aren't telling you porkies. Everything stops, including the posting of items. October is not a good time to be buying stuff from China, unless you are happy to wait a couple of weeks for it to be posted (which I usually am as my stuff isn't time sensitive).

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

I know it's real but my seller is supposedly in NSW.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Ah, but a lot of Chinese go back to their homeland for the holidays as well cupboards, though I suspect in many cases it is false representation of location by them.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

@k1ooo-slr-sales wrote:

@toys2click4 wrote:

sorry to read that you are annoyed.  Have they admitted to not being in Sydney?  OR, do you suspect they are not in Sydney because you havenโ€™t received your item within 2 bus days?

if the only reason the OP suspects that the item location has been misrepresented is that they should have arrived within 2 days then I think they should read this thread http://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Australia-Post-full-of-excuses-but-this-one-takes-the-cake/m...

There have been anecdotal reports here on the boards of tracked items bouncing back and forth between Chullora NSW and Sunshine West VIC before finally being delivered.  Must be a worm hole between those places!

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Ebay knows were the sellers are, do they not. So when I click Australia only why are so many sellers in China??

This is destroying trust with not only the Seller but with Ebay. And the problem is, I do not want to buy from A company(Ebay) I no longer trust.

Never knowing how long or from where a item is comming from makes Ebay purchases very worrying.

Brought a battery from what I thought was a Australian Seller with 12 months warranty. Turns out they are in China and if I wanted the warranty, I had to pay for the battery literally agaiin.

All the 20% sales won't help if the trust is broken, and lying sellers on Ebay are doing that and Ebay doing nothing to stop the Sellers lying means Ebay is the problem now.

If I wanted to buy from China I would buy direct, why pay the extra Ebay fees, buy direct.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Just because you click on Australia Only it does not mean tha you are buying from Australian sellers.

It means that you are buying from sellers who sell to Australia.   You still need to check where the sellers are located before buying if you don't want to buy from overseas

Also, you do not buy from ebay....you are buying from sellers who advertise on ebay.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply