Is there an error in the Auction / Buy it Now Program? All items stating "WORLDWIDE" excludes N.Z.

All the auction items I have viewed this morning which state "WORLDWIDE" delivery. Exclude New Zealand, which is highlighted in red "Does Not Post To New Zealand". Is this an error in the Program?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Is there an error in the Auction / Buy it Now Program? All items stating "WORLDWIDE" excludes N.Z.

No, The seller would have specified in his preferences that no postage to New Zealand

Try sending the seller a message to ask would they make an exception, they may do it for you.

Or move on and buy from a different seller if possitble.

This could also be something to do with the Virus situation atm, maybe Aust is not accepting deliveries from NZ, someone else may drop in here and add some other info for you, or the seller might be able to clarify.    

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Given that NZ is in lockdown, maybe the seller(s) do not consider it worth the 'risk' to send there, given very possible delays, some buyers buying but then not going to the post office to collect etc etc etc

Maybe they have already had a bad experience posting to NZ and do not want to chance more

You would need to ask them, I and nobody else can speak for them as to exactly why they decided not to, be they are certainly within ther right to do so if they choose

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Hi, That sounds feasible. However, no problem with postage to New Zealand. Our Post Offices are open. Deliveries as normal albiet maybe the odd little holdup. Hope sellers read this!!

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

@whizz-bang wrote:

Hi, That sounds feasible. However, no problem with postage to New Zealand. Our Post Offices are open. Deliveries as normal albiet maybe the odd little holdup. Hope sellers read this!!

Trade Me issued notice to sellers that carriers were stopping all shipments of non-essential items, and that funds would be held from sellers (I've seen the notice, but only because some sellers I know also list on Trade Me).  

This is from the NZ Herald, published 25th March:

"New Zealanders will only be able to purchase essential goods online during the lockdown period, the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) has announced.

Food, beverages, health and sanitary products and toiletries are what constitutes essential goods that can be purchased online.

Couriers will not be able to deliver anything other than these essential items.

"Couriers will only be delivering essential items. We are asking customers to commit to only purchasing essential items at this time," a spokeswoman for MBIE said."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=12319907&utm

Edited to add, however - I ship to NZ through DHL, and have received no notices of suspension to services to NZ.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply