Is there any point ordering anything from China with the lockdown in place?

stoph-88
Community Member

With International Flights grounded and Ports closed, is anything getting out of China?  

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

@stoph-88 wrote:

With International Flights grounded and Ports closed, is anything getting out of China?  

Yes the Coronavirus and it ain't looking good

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Lock down aside, buy Australian and support the locals I say. Smiley Wink

You pay more but the quality is sooooo much better........................and you feel better making a wise choice. Smiley Very Happy

image host
Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Apart from the current lockdown it would be useless buying from China before mid February at the earliest as the country stops for New Year celebrations for the best part of 2-3 weeks.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Of course you're right, given the huge range of Australian made goods.  I always feel so superior when buying from an Aussie based epay store.  Oddly, the goods often turn up with a Chinese postmark!!!  

Maybe simply avoiding the online brokers like epay, shamazon and even the best one, ari expless would be prudent for a while.

Who knows?  This may be the end of our current arrangement where our rich people sell our resources to the 3rd world and we buy it back as manufactured goods.

We might even have to learn how to make things for ourselves again!  

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

@stoph-88 wrote:

This all may be a blessing of sorts (for us and the rest of the world). Just imagine ... 

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@stoph-88 wrote:

Of course you're right, given the huge range of Australian made goods.  I always feel so superior when buying from an Aussie based epay store.  Oddly, the goods often turn up with a Chinese postmark!!!  

Maybe simply avoiding the online brokers like epay, shamazon and even the best one, ari expless would be prudent for a while.

Who knows?  This may be the end of our current arrangement where our rich people sell our resources to the 3rd world and we buy it back as manufactured goods.

With your extensive eBay experience, not to mention your buzzwords for multiple sites, including eBay, which are oh so ORIGINAL (and absolutely hilarious.........end sarcasm), I reckon you are a full on hero. I aspire to be just like you. No, I WANT to be YOU! Please let me be you.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Wow!  You really do have some serious personal issues!

I hope you can get some help.

The first step is recognizing that you need it.  

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Smiley LOL  Tippy is in a very good position to get the help that you think she needs.

Problem is her coworkers don't agree with your assessment.Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

No sales from China? I'm not a religious person but praise the lord 😇

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply