Is this genuine?

here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/WINDOWS-10-PRO-OPERATING-SYSTEM-FULL-/252373248652?hash=item3ac29e2a8c:g:...

Copy of windows 10, i want to buy, but the price seems TGTBT and also the fact i will receive a CDkey by Email... sems sus. 

Is this legite?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Is this genuine?

Doubtful as Microsoft is giving Win 10 away for free. As a download and upgrade, anyway.

It's also against eBay policy in that it is for digitally delivered goods.

In fact, it seems to be a hijacked account. The ID has been dormant for at least a year and has never sold anything.

Go to the Microsoft site and download it for free.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Is this genuine?

It is only free upgrade  if you have Windows 7 or 8.1    

I have vista unfortunately, there is no free upgrade for it.

So i need a fresh copy for my other PC that i am upgrading.  

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Is this genuine?

If your gut is telling you no, then don't buy it. I doubt you'd have any buyer protection if they are sending it via email as digital delivery on the AU site is a violation of policy. Better to play it safe and buy from a reputable seller, or from Micro$oft. If it sounds too good to be true, then it almost always is.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Is this genuine?

might be better to get a copy of windows 7 or 8, install that then do the free upgrade to 10

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Is this genuine?

Chances are it will install with the key provided, but may be excluded from future updates. If you are buying the software not from the Microsoft website, always ensure you get a disc.
Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Is this genuine?

when i bought my toshiba windows 7 laptop i was told you dont get discs with laptops. i prefer to have the original install discs in my box of comupter discs for 'that' day when things go wrong. i wasn't impressed having no disc for my laptop so ive never fully used it in fear of a failure. i just use it as back up when my desktop goes awol.

i hope when i replace my desktop i will get the install discs, it'll be my first question when searching for a new computer.

just did the free upgrade to windows 10 on the laptop, seems to have gone well with very little problem.

was a worry as had read some people were having lots of issues, might be that as mine was relativly untouched with add-ons since new there wasn'y much to cause proplems.

had an issue with 'norton anti-virus' requiring an uninstall and reinstall wich fixed it.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Is this genuine?

With laptops, there is usually a backup on the hard drive, to restore the machine. That's why no discs. Of course if that gets corrupted...I always burn my own discs with a new laptop. There are instructions on how to do that in the manual if it has a DVD burner on board.

Nortons has had issues with incompatibility since Windows 8. Almost every Windows update, it would chuck a hissy. Reinstall as you did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Is this genuine?

i never new you could make your own install disc. learn something new everyday hey.

i'll look into that.

but really you should recieve a genuine microsoft install disc with every windows computer even a laptop in my opinion.

why when you buy something so expensive they can't include it is beyond me.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Is this genuine?

It takes AGES and make sure it is plugged into the power when you do it. Should tell you how many discs you need too. From memory my last one needed a fair few DVDs. USB-type storage would work too.

Google how to back up recovery partition for your brand. Read it all through first as you get one go as a rule.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 10 of 13
Latest reply