Item Damaged via Global Shipping Program

glo_pro
Community Member
Hi,

I ordered a large automotive radiator fan from the US which used the Global Shipping Program to get to Australia.

The order was place very early in Dec and ETA was Dec 20-30.

It arrived today and the packaging sustains some transport damage, it looked like a hole had been poked into the box. So I didn't think much of it.

Upon opening the packaging l, I quickly realised that the hole was from a protruding piece of the radiator fan.

As this part has snapped off in Shipping, who do I make a claim to? The seller or the GSP?

Thanks
Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Keep all the packaging and take photos of the damage.

Contact the seller and see what course of action he would like you to take.

In future there is always the option of refusing to take delivery if you suspect transit damage.

image host
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thanks,

i have kept all packaging and taken a handful of photos before opening it.

The seller has indicated it would be covered by EBay Global  insurance.

now I just need to find the right team to contact and claim!

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

If a Global Shipping Program item arrives damaged, the buyer would file a โ€œreturn request,โ€ just as they would in a non-GSP transaction. In many cases the buyer is covered by either the eBay Money Back Guarantee or the PayPal Purchase Protection program.

If the case against the seller remains unresolved contact eBay Customer Service. Click here for more information on buyer terms and conditions.

However, if the item was damaged when it arrived at the Global Shipping Center, in most cases the seller would then be responsible for the refund.

image host
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

glo_pro
Community Member
Thanks,

The question probably becomes whether the GSP can verify where the damage may have occured.

Thanks for your advice.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I have had the item tested and is now confirmed as DOA.

Ebay have requested i return the item, which is fine, but i still have an urgent requriement for the radiator fan, and it looks like im going to have to order again and pay before this dispute is refunded.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply