Item Misrepresentation

The SOONER eBay starts penalising Sellers who continually post their items in the WRONG catergory and with excessive (INCORRECT) keywords  - The BETTER. 

I say - - Fine the buggers !!.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item Misrepresentation

I would love them to do it to the book megadropshippers who are in the UK but use something along the lines of -

"From the UK

via airmail to

Australia"

which eBay picks up as in Australia. I'm not holding my breath, but, and I suspect it will take the ACCC to get eBay to see the unfairness of the current practice. They have even emailed saying they couldn't find anything wrong with such listings, so their rules definitely don't apply to the megas.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Item Misrepresentation

Sorry Dave but I can't see anything wrong with that scenario.  The sellers are quite up front that the items are coming from overseas.

Your beef should be with how ebay perceives it, not that the sellers are telling porkies.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Item Misrepresentation

The problem is that eBay picks it up as location in Australia and shows their listings in 'Australia only' searches.

I'm pretty sure it's been referred to the ACCC, so time will tell if it is in fact unlawful.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Item Misrepresentation

@davewil1964 wrote:

The problem is that eBay picks it up as location in Australia and shows their listings in 'Australia only' searches.

I'm pretty sure it's been referred to the ACCC, so time will tell if it is in fact unlawful.

Which is exactly why I say the problem is with ebay, not with the seller being dishonest.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Item Misrepresentation

The sellers are deliberately doing it in order to get picked up in Australia Only searches, so their honesty is certainly questionable.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Item Misrepresentation

I'm just a bit bemused that the word buggers got past the swear filter when they block the correct spelling for the word DAM and most anatomically correct names for body parts.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply