Item location , what a joke and still they do Nothing.

So ,

I go looking for a grill for a friend and searched for a  new grille Toyota corolla 2009  , Advanced search , Located in Australia only and this seller came up , 3 listings , checked out feedback etc , Hmm, negs etc for not in Australia , had a closer look , over 40,000 , yes Fourty Thousand listings   on eBay Australia with the location in NSW , seller is in the USA with everything sent from there. X-(     

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

I think there are some major issues with ebays search functions. Is it on purpose? who knows anymore.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Apparently those listings where sellers are  claiming Australia as the item location, when in fact they are o/s, have to be reported on the site of origin:|

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Apparently those listings where sellers are  claiming Australia as the item location, when in fact they are o/s, have to be reported on the site of origin:|

Reported on the site of origin??

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

They were an ebay rep's words when I complained about the item location issue; basically if the item is being shipped from Singapore, it has to be reported on the Singapore site - gobbledy gook as far as I'm concerned:|

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

They were an ebay rep's words when I complained about the item location issue; basically if the item is being shipped from Singapore, it has to be reported on the Singapore site - gobbledy gook as far as I'm concerned:|

you will have to talk to the singapore office... please hold....

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

This makes no sense. What if item is fRom NZ? There is no NZ eBay site

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Reported on the site of origin??

Sounds like a great way of getting out of dealing with it, surely the site its listed on needs to deal with it.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

I couldn't agree more, but that's what I was told.  Try reporting one of the offending listings, then email and ask why it hasn't been removed - you could get a different answer to the one I got - different rep may well = different answer:|

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, I think I just got caught in something like this 😞  .  I looked very carefully for Australian seller, this one even lists with "local pick up" option, in the description it says Australian owned business, Australian material.  So I bought it and asked for an address to pick up; got back message "so sorry we do not do that anymore";  never mind, I am too busy anyway so I paid.  Then I got notice the item was shipped with Chinese 'tracking number", which of-course does not work anywhere I tried to enter it 😞  Well if it is not here on Monday, i am opening INR ]:)

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply