Item not described accurately

I purchased a pair of white pants that were pictured within the description though no colour was described anywhere.  The pants have arrived but are brown and not white as per picture.  Seller has advised that I should of asked what colour they were before purchasing. She has now offered a full refund once I return the item to her and will repay my costs of the postage back.  

I have opened a case with ebay.

What do you suggest that I do?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

@better-investment-than-shares wrote:

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if the pants are not clearly white are they clearly brown?

Come on, don't be delusional.

If the seller is to lazy to describe the item, they are leaving themselves open for disputes. 

The buyer in this case purchased the pants in good faith knowing the pants were not of "brown colour"

What you sellers need to get through your skulls, is that buyers just want a hassel free purchase. Get off your high horses!

What color would say they are champ.Smiley Frustrated

Would buy them thinking there white?

There clearly not white, buyers mistake, simple as that. Smiley Happy

Yes i do agree that the description is not good, but FMD if that pic indicates there white.

Message 21 of 23
Latest reply

Better investment said:

What!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if the pants are not clearly white are they clearly brown?

Come on, don't be delusional.

If the seller is to lazy to describe the item, they are leaving themselves open for disputes. 

The buyer in this case purchased the pants in good faith knowing the pants were not of "brown colour"

What you sellers need to get through your skulls, is that buyers just want a hassel free purchase. Get off your high horses!

-----------------------------

B-I has a point.

The seller left herself open to a dispute by not including a basic bit of information.

We can talk about the rights and wrongs of it from both sides, seller and buyer, but in practical terms what a seller lists with-item and photos-is what a buyer will use to make a purchase & there should not be some expectation out there that buyers have to ask further questions. Obviously sometimes it would be better if they did, but it is not a given they will.

So the listing needs to be detailed and accurate enough to stand on its own.

Message 22 of 23
Latest reply

Know one here is doubting that the description is not good, but it's the buyers responsibility to ask the questions if the listing does not describe the item thoroughly.

If any one here including investment think that those things are white and don't ask the question then tuff tittie, don't blame the seller later for not describing the item thoroughly, the seller is not holding a gun to any bodies head, ask the question FIRST before buying, as i have already stated buyers fault plain and simple.  Smiley Surprised

Message 23 of 23
Latest reply