Item not received - too late to start case?

I bought item back in December from overseas, and it did not arrive.  The "due" date was yesterday, so I was not able to open case.  This morning the option to open "item not received" case is not there.  There was an option to contact seller, which I did.  Of course, it is too late to leave FB too.
Does it mean that if seller puts in the delivery date 3 plus months from the sale they are not responsible for safe delivery?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, I think it will work tomorrow. I don't know, the dates when something is delivered are also always one day late on eBay? For example I got something yesterday and it says it was delivered today, maybe because the 8th in the USA is today? I wonder if they confuse dates because this happens every single time.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Is there a tracking number?

Where is the seller located?

Delivery times have been extended, both for purchases within Australia and from overseas.

At any rate you have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery, so you will be able to open a case soon.

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, there is tracking, which shows it arrived in Australia on the 11 JANUARY, yes January.  Nothing after that.  It was coming from China.  It was not expensive item, but I have other items, which cost over $100, and are taking their time.  So the idea, that I may not be able to open case, is rather worrying. 

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

I am also waiting for something from China. I bought from China again after many years because the seller had really good feedback. The tracking worked fabulously too, in spite of economy shipping. But once the item arrived in Australia (it took it only 2 weeks to arrive)... nothing happened. Australia Post takes it easy with economy from China. My item only arrived in Australia 8 days ago, so I guess I will have to wait longer.

Two months in Australia is a long time though. Maybe you can ask Australia Post? I think they might have it, but with COVID and floods etc. economy from China is not their priority, unfortunately. Was it economy by the way?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

It was free postage.  As I said I do not care much about this item, BUT it's the fact that it is possible for the "due " date is set such a way that there seem to be no protection, that I am concerned about.   I did message the seller and asked for refund; if nothing happens I will try to contact eBay. 

I bought other items from China in the same time, and since and all arrived in much shorter time.   I hate what is happening with overseas parcels though.  I have couple of hundred dollar item coming from Europe, the last tracking says it left Europe 16th February and no trace of it; with $50 shipping I would expect something to show by now here.  But that one is not eBay purchase, and was paid by PP, so it should be OK. 

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

You have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery, so if the delivery frame for example is 3 months, you can open a case after 3 months. You are 100% protected no matter what the delivery frame is because it starts on the last day of whatever is indicated.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

OK, I wonder why the option is not showing; maybe I try tomorrow.   🙂

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, I think it will work tomorrow. I don't know, the dates when something is delivered are also always one day late on eBay? For example I got something yesterday and it says it was delivered today, maybe because the 8th in the USA is today? I wonder if they confuse dates because this happens every single time.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

I think you are right.  🙂 
I once wanted to buy something expensive, it was about$1200, and I wanted it on the next months CC bill.  So i waited till just after midnight Australian time of the end of month for my CC billing period.   But PP also runs on US time, so they dated it as the day before, and I  really struggled to pay the whole CC balance  out that month. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, or also today... A parcel has been onboard for delivery since this morning, but if I go to order details, then the tracking, it says that it was on board for delivery in the evening of the 8th!

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply