Item purchased, seller de-registered and unresponsive.

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased a camera from a seller with zero feedback, while I was cautious at first, the description was accurate in terms of photography lingo and I also had the eBay money back as a safety net, so I went forth with it.

The seller has been un-responsive to any of my messages regarding tracking or general product questions. I found out this morning that his account is no-longer registered. The window of delivery is from today up until Saturday, May 14th.

Now that the seller's account is de-registered, I can no longer contact him in for general questions or item specific seeing as the item is unlisted now.

The item is still not shipped, and no tracking information has been provided.

I used PayPal directly on credit for the payment. I was wondering if I just have to wait until after Saturday to make my "did not receive" claim, or if I could just go ahead and go forth with it seeing as the seller is un-responsive and deregistered.

Thanks in advanced!

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

You might not be able to open an official case with eBay until after the last day of the estimated delivery because of red tape (the link will just not appear), but you could contact them via live chat (from the help page, scrolling down to "contact us", then going through all the options). I have seen similar cases here where people got their money back before the normal estimated delivery after chatting to eBay.

Or you could also try PayPal.

It won't take long until you can open an official case either, so you will get your money back for sure.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

You are registered in the US, so I'm not sure if the policies on disputes are the same but here in Australia you must not open 2 disputes at the same time - ie with eBay and Paypal - or they will both be closed in the seller's favour.

Here the procedure is, first try eBay's MBG then if that fails try a Paypal dispute then if that fails try a credit card charge-back.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply