Item received faulty/damaged

shogun42002
Community Member

hello all

I purchased a hydration back pack a little while ago, when i received it, I noticed that the hose had been squashed in a couple of areas causing flat spots, I immediatly contacted the seller advising them of this, they said if i wasnt happy with it to send the whole item back, I then asked if they could just exchange the faulty/damged hose,I sent them that request a couple of times, they replied a week later Asking if i would like to just send the hose back, *hand smacks forehead* I then replied to that mail saying yes, thats what ive been requesting and if i could have a auth to return #. I  didnt receive anymore correspondance from the seller after that," roughly" a week went by with no contact from the seller so i opened a dispute .

I won the dispute but have been told to send the whole item back,,,all i want is to have the hose replaced or partial refund so i can purchase a new hose, I told paypal that and they have tried to contact the seller but the seller hasnt responeded in the 3 day time frame, ive asked paypal what will happen if the seller doesnt respond within the second three day time frame, paypal said i will have to send the item back..:0(

Anyone have any advice

thankyou in advance for any good advice

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

If it's a local seller, get their details and call them.

Select advanced search next to the search button and in the right margin is find contact info.

You will be emailed their details and they get yours.

But if they haven't been helpful now, they probably won't even with talking to them.

Otherwise you will need to follow the PayPal dispute process.

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

You will have to return the item at your cost via registered post to the address paypal gave you OR you will not get your refund.

As the seller is not really helping then it is your choice if you want to get your money back and shop else where or see if you can get a new hose yourself somewhere.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Sorry, that is how PP works; they cannot know value of the part for refund and so it is simpler to have just return the whole thing for refund policy.  You could try to call them, but I doubt that the person at the call centre of their supervisor would have the authority to help you; they certainly cannot physically force the seller to provide the returned part.  Did you send it registered and kept the receipt?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

shogun42002
Community Member

hi supa_nova, i havent sent the item back as yet, im still hoping the seller will respond to paypals 2nd email.

but yes when i do send it back i will keep all receipts and tracking numbers for my reference.

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

hi supa_nova, i havent sent the item back as yet,

i thought you sent the hose back for replacement?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

You will have to use reg post, click & send or express parcel, red or express satchel tracking numbers are not sufficient.

If it would cost more to return it than to buy a new hose I would just keep it and leave them a neg.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

shogun42002
Community Member

hello supa_nova, no, i hadnt sent anything back as yet as the seller would not reply to any emails after i replied yes when  they asked if i wanted to return/replace the hose.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

shogun42002
Community Member

Hello phorum_junkie, I think your right with the return costs and buying a new hose, Ive left a neg for them, hopefully no one else receives the same service or lackof service from them.

Thankyou everyone for your input, ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

As you've mentioned a Paypal dispute in your negative fb for them, it's likely the seller will be able to have it removed as mentioning disputes violates eBay policy. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Integrity is priceless.
โ€œI would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheatingโ€. Sophocles
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply