Laptop Batteries false capacity claims

Have recenctly purchase  from 2 resellers a Apple A1175 battery.  Capacity was not as clearly claimed in advert.

Battery A - Claimed and labeled 5600mAh but real capacity 4600mAh with the on battery chip limit of 4800mAh.

Battery B - Claimed and labeled 5800mAh but real capacity 5000mAh with the on battery chip limit of 5200mAh.

Both Chinese resellers in Australia refunded in a panic very quickly, both blame supplier.  I used to sell batteries on eBay but found it a cesspool of false claims.  Battery manufactures BLANTANTLY offer batteries with false capacity labels fitted for eBay Sellers "TO USE TO YOUR ADVANTAGE"

When will eBay try to clean up false claims on their website???????????

The ONLY WAY to get a top listing in the battery section is to make FALSE CLAIMS of performance.

HOW CAN A HONEST SELLER SURVIVE AND PROSPER IN THIS CEESPOOL of eBay Resellers?????

eBAY Australia it is time to fix this section as 60% of sales are false advertising breach of the Fair Trading Act!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

to be quite honest I have no idea what you are talking about, yes I can see the difference in figures but how does it affect a product powered by one of these batteries?

Does the battery run out too quickly, or does it damage the device, what is the problem for the end user?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Bump, the lower the battery's current capacity in mAh (milliampere-hours), the faster it will discharge during use; simple as that.

The OP is dead right though. Check out Ultrafire 18650 Li-ion batteries, for example. I don't believe they're made with a capacity any higher than 3000mAh, yet there are literally hundreds being listed on ebay with claimed capacities of up to a ridiculous 4800mAh.
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

CQ I have no doubt the OP is right but couldn't think what the problem would be with the batteries.

I have read about batteries numerous times here on ebay but couldn't remember one word I had read.

I need a good nights sleep.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I would be kiissing the ground and thanking whatever, if any, divine creature you believe in that all you suffered from was low output and they did not fry your equipment or, worse still start a house fire thst destroyed your home and property.

Replacement batteries, power cords and chargers are things that should only be purchased from a reputable, authorised reseller.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply