Left a neg (deserved) now seller is blaming me for being shut down

I purchased an item from an Aussie seller. Was marked posted within a couple of days then didn’t arrive for over 3 weeks. Turns out was posted 2 weeks after it was marked as such. I contacted them and got no reply. So I think appropriate feedback was left and was fair and factual.

So today (a couple of weeks later again) I get a message from the seller basically saying my feedback was the cause of their eBay store being shut down. They have other bad feedback relating to non arrival and late arrival but not a huge number.

They want me to revise it. Can one neg shutva seller down?
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

There's been 14 more negs since you left yours. No, your neg didn't shut them down. My guess is they fell below standard, so eBay removed their listings.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

It can, but it's not because of you.

It will be because of the number of defects and/or low DSR's. In other words the total amount of bad feedback.

And the seller could be exaggerating, they may just have been limited.

Personally I would ignore and move on.

image host
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

As tippy pointed out, they have been shut down because of the stream of negs after you left yours.

Don't think twice about this one.

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Negs don't affect a seller's account like that, nor do late deliveries. Only unresolved cases and cancellations for being out of stock can shut a seller down.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Nothing to do with your question but some complete idiot has left that seller a neg because the seller

apparently failed to leave them feedback fast enough.......

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Like the others, I don't think it is your feedback alone that has caused the seller a problem. In fact as far as I can make out, he is still on ebay (just with no items on sale) so maybe his selling privileges have been curtailed for a period but not forever.

But.. even if it had been your feedback that was the straw that broke the camel's back... that isn't your worry.

All you have to ask yourself is this: Was your feedback factual? Was it a fair comment?

I think the answer to both those is yes.

So basically, if the seller is suffering any consequences, he brought it on himself. Instead, he is trying to blame others as the 'cause'.

Time for him to man up & lift his act.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I'd take a punt and guess that the seller has sent a similar message to everyone who left a neg.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

@digital*ghost wrote:

Negs don't affect a seller's account like that, nor do late deliveries. Only unresolved cases and cancellations for being out of stock can shut a seller down.

But if all the negs have also left low DSR's then their selling priviledge would be shut down wouldn't it ?

Edit - Just had a look and DSR's aren't low.

image host
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

@kopes, DSRs don't affect a seller's account that way either. The worst it can do is make them lose TRS status, but they can't fall below standard.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply