Long delivery time, extra items not ordered in parcel

Bit of an odd one here.

I purchased a Thin Client PC (it's a small computer) in early January domestically. ETA was between the 15th and 17th of Jan. I left it a few days when the time passed before contacting the seller. It took 3 attempts over the course of 2 weeks with the 3rd stating I'll be raising a Paypal dispute before the seller responded. After which the seller advised they had sent this item twice to me, but did not provide tracking details. 

I've never had a postage issue to my address and other items I'd purchsed at the same time some from overseas had already started arriving. It wasn't until I pressed for the tracking number that I suspect it was never sent only to receive the number a few days later and find it was sent on the day the seller gave the number to me.

Cut to today, I finally receive the item over a month post purchase to have an incorrect power cable supplied with the Thin Client (received desktop PC cable, Thin clients use a cable similar to laptops.) Plus...and this is the odd part. A boxed BBQ light and Ceramic Pot with insence sticks in the same parcel.

Obviously I'm wondering what others would do. I've since contacted the seller to advise of the wrong part and extra items added. But I'm suspecting it's an attempt to buy me off for a postive response, since I keep getting messages from the seller to leave postive feedback.

Frankly dealing with this seller has been a real waste of time.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

boggo58
Community Member

Ask the seller to send you the aus post receipt. Which should have the tracking numbers. It should aslo show that he sent the first one

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

Hi I wouldn't be stuffing around anymore. I would jump straight into a PayPal dispute and wait for PayPal to confirm the address to ship it back and send it via trackable signature on delivery postal method. Once posted, call PayPal and tell them the tracking ID and you will be refunded in full on the stop without having to wait for the item to reach the seller (minus the postage cost to return to the seller)

You have up to 45 days to do this and I dare say you don't have much more time to do this. You will not be getting what you were meant to get and probably the seller is now trying to string you past the 45 cut off date to lodge a PayPal dispute. 

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

In a strange turn of events the seller contacted me after I queried about receiving the wrong adapter and the extra items. Claims he didn't have anymore of the correct cable as he'd sent it twice to me already (so in other words stating the other times he sent it it got lost in the mail, I should note this is a 2nd hand item and it was never noted he had a qty of them).

That and the extra goods were a gift so as to ensure I give him positive feedback...sounds more like a bribe to me.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply