Low ratings from buyers

It will be very interestingto see what happens in the coming months now that sellers can see exactly which buyers are giving low stars. Some buyers might find themselves with less options to purchase if they continue to give low stars.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Low ratings from buyers

maybe, but a lot of buyers might not realize that the stars can be seen by us iykwim, so they might not care or change their habits.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Low ratings from buyers

in which case, as harley said, their purchasing options are likely to be curtailed.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Low ratings from buyers

So very true indeed. Smiley Frustrated Some and I certainly don't mean the bulk of buyers, really don't care to leave positive feedback, but they will leave Negative if they are not satified. Even without contacting the seller 1st to try to settle a problem.  Personally, I think, the WHOLE Ebay Feedback System is fundamentally flawed. 

A nasty buyer can leave Negative if they feel like it. Yes, you can have it removed sometimes if you call ebay and tell them about it, but having said that, it is still flawed and with the "New" system, it will get worse for the Seller primarily. 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Low ratings from buyers

probably.

If I can't leave a seller who I have given a positive to 4 or 5 stars in an area, I personally don't mark the stars unless they were pretty bad. Can't see the need for my perceptions of an event to trash someones selling account. It's tough enough as it is out there fior the decent sellers, even if they're not great in some areas. If I get my item eventually and it's in good shape etc, I'm pretty happy.

I've never left stars thinking "they might know what I left" but I have left them conscious of the effect they have on a sellers account, so for me i will probably just be more inclined to leave that section blank if I don't think they deserve the 4 or 5

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

Low ratings from buyers

ebay should change the star rating to be out of 10.

When using a 5 star rating, In my book a 3 is a pass and a neutral is exactly what it is.

My rating is better under the new system, and yes I will block all buyers leaving less than 5 stars.

Buyers should have the star ratings they give to sellers displayed as their rating.
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Low ratings from buyers

Isn't there some sort of spiel about DSR's being anonymous at the moment when you go to leave ratings?
Ebay should now change that to "be warned if you leave cra.ppy stars for your seller they know where to find you!"
Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

Low ratings from buyers

First off, I don't know that the star rating has much meaning. Like another poster here, I think it is flawed.

I had no idea that buyers were going to have their star rating exposed and I actually disagree with the move.

It makes absolutely no sense to me that a seller would block any buyer who gives less than 5 stars because that is just the sort of attitude that got sellers banned from giving anything less than positive feedback in the first place. (not that I agree with that totally either).

There is no point in having a star rating if buyers are expected and forced into giving nothing but 5 stars. What good is that?

If someone is slow to post an item (I had one home seller who didn't post it off for over 2 weeks. I am not talking about it taking 2 weeks in the post-I am talking about date of posting), then why on earth should I feel obliged to give 5 stars?

If i buy shoes that are advertised as only worn once for a few hours and excellent condition and they arrive with the soles worn and pitted, why should I give 5 stars for 'as described".

Sometimes I have not been sure how to mark a seller, but have decided to give positive because I can mark down the stars in a  couple of places.

Some here say just not to mark at all if it doesn't go well, but how is that helpful?

Already I find the stars not helpful because most seem to hover around the 4 and a half mark anyway.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Low ratings from buyers

Smiley Very Happy

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

Low ratings from buyers

As a buyer this is actually making me annoyed to the point whereby I initially thought that well "I shall be more critical ( but fair ) with my feedback now as maybe sellers can get a better idea of how they are performing .

Usually I'm very easy going and will always leave 5 star ratings unless I'm really dissatisfied for a number of reasons .

The thought that sellers are that paranoid that 'adding buyers to their special list' was one of the first reactions to this change makes me wonder if are actually concerned about how they perform at all

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply