Made an offer, got a reply then item dissapears

so, i'm doing my usual ebay scan of new items, i see a model radio control car kit i'm after with $188US buy it now or make an offer.

so it works out at about $244AU, i'd be happy to pay up to $200au

so i work out the correct price in US dollars and put in an offer, not expecting it be accepted.

i get a reply with a counter offer $5 less than i offered? with 'respongd now.

when i hit 'respond now' it tells me the item is no longer available....

What The...!

i know the guy is in japan but still, hes running a store so he should have his you know what together.

why reply with a counter offer just to delete the thing before i can respond?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

I don't know. Odd indeed

Maybe they have Friday gremlins too? (not trying to be funny)

Or maybe he hit the wrong thing and did'nt mean to accept offer,panicked and ended the item?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Maybe he had a walk-in buy it in his store.

image host
Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

yeah, i can think of a lot of reasons but its just the sending me a counter offer less than id allready offered has me scratching my head.

he hasnt relisted. i thought maybe after sending the offer he realised hed made a mistake.

i'll keep looking, see it it gets relisted.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

maybe he realised he'd sent a counter-offer that was less than what you offered so he decided to remove the item from sale? 

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Somebody else could have bought it with BIN. Who knows? Ask the seller, maybe he'll explain.

Most likely he converted Yen to USD wrong and realised it.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@melbourneclearancewrote:

Somebody else could have bought it with BIN. Who knows? Ask the seller, maybe he'll explain.

Most likely he converted Yen to USD wrong and realised it.

i did have that thought too, maybe someone did Buy It Now, but his starting price wasnt the cheapest listed for this model.

iwas only prepared to buy at a cheaper price than was allready selling for. i wasnt making a stupid offer.

as i said i was prepared to pay $199 for a kit he listed for $244.

it doesnt matter, its a new release kit, there will be plenty more hitting ebay now.

i missed out a few weeks ago when a seller in australia had 4 of them listed for $180 including free post. by the time id figured out it was a great price they had sold.

quick and the dead lol

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Just check his completed listings - that will tell you if it sold, or was ended. 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

he used the 'the item was ended because there was an error in the listing' option

its not been relisted as yet.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply