Major postage delays up/down east coast

Just something to think about before you give bad feedback for postage time. I sent a parcel today to be told all postage from northern Qld was going to be on hold for maybe 2 weeks. All parcels except express still go via road. Will delay mail coming back up this way too. Not the seller or the post offices fault and nothing can be done.
Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
Just something to think about before you give bad feedback for postage time. I sent a parcel today to be told all postage from northern Qld was going to be on hold for maybe 2 weeks. All parcels except express still go via road. Will delay mail coming back up this way too. Not the seller or the post offices fault and nothing can be done.

strange. been sending parcels all over north qld. so far they have been taking 3 to 7 days which is normal via std post not express. maybe a delay in flood effected towns only ?

the rest of north qld seem to be running at normal speed for us.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

I was posting from cairns to Brisbane. A lot of roads are closed north of Brisbane so road mail won't go.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Just passing on what I was told by the post office. Because the trucks run a set route if the routes blocked by water mail won't go through. Since Rockhampton is at risk and Southside Brisbane has flooded there will be a few places effected.
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:
I was posting from cairns to Brisbane. A lot of roads are closed north of Brisbane so road mail won't go.

yep thats fair enough.

spoke to my sister half hour ago who sells tones of baby stuff on ebay and she said she posted (5 to 8 days ago) a whole pile of stuff from brisbane to mackay, hervey bay, townsville cairns without any delays.. i was surprised even mackay parcels were delivered considering they copped a cyclone...maybe was lucky.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

May have got lucky before the closures.
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

I got a (non eBay) parcel to near Tweed Heads, which was completely underwater, in 3 days from regional NSW. When I told the lady I'd posted she was quite worried because at that stage, the water was still rising. Maybe the mail was going by a tinnie?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply