Make An Offer issues

G'day All, I dont think it is fair that if a seller has a "Make An Offer" tab, but does not respond to your first 2 offers, & then rejects your third offer, that is all 3 of your offer attempts gone. I think that if they dont respond to an offer, that one should not be included in your 3 attempts. Ebay should then "remind" them to either accept or reject every offer within 24 hours, as per the rules. If they are not going to use it properly, then they should not be allowed to have the option.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Make An Offer issues

I agree. Sometimes sellers might not be online, but in most cases if they ignore an offer it is because they are not interested. I do the same when sellers send me offers I am not interested in. I don't bother to click on "decline". I just ignore them.

Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

I must admit - as a seller - if an offer is not reasonably acceptable - I just let them time out - most of the time.

Message 12 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

@mjon3509 wrote: Ebay should then "remind" them to either accept or reject every offer within 24 hours, as per the rules. 

You are confused... there are no rules that state a seller is required to reply.

eBay provides the seller with options.

Accept.

Decline

Counter offer

Let the offer expire.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

" Buyer. Will you take 10 bucks for that ? "

" Seller. That's not worth replying to, even with a counter-offer"

" Buyer. OK, will you take 10 bucks for it ? "

" Selller. What the......? "

" Buyer. OK will you take 10 bucks then ? "

" Seller. Numpty - block and move on.........."

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

I have had this happen before and in the end the seller had a 20% off sale and I purchased it then. Turned out there wasn't someone always around to look after the messages on the account as they used it to clear old stock form a car yard.

As a seller I would sometimes ignore low offers but now respond to all and 1 in 3 will usually come up in price.

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

Make An Offer issues

My offer was reasonable

Clearly the seller disagreed.

Message 16 of 16
Latest reply