Masks

OK, so I finally came to the conclusion that the 2 N95 masks I bought in January for the bushfire smoke is probably not going to be enough, and as I could not see any  in B&M shops , I ordered some on line, carefully choosing Australian seller.  The 1st lot due today was from listing removed by eBay yesterday.  Bit worried I  yesterday ordered 2 more lots from different sellers.  One let me know they ran out, but has not refunded, the other listing is taken off and when I clicked on "resolve problem" there is a message to wait 10 days!  **bleep**, why should I wait 10 days for my $60?  It is not marked as sent and obviously there was a problem with the listing. 

Has anybody bought masks on line and they look good (as far as being protective)?  Could you please kindly share the store with us? 

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Masks

I ordered some on line, carefully choosing Australian seller.  The 1st lot due today was from listing removed by eBay yesterday.

I wonder why ebay removed the listing?

Signatures suck.
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Masks

Ebay might have deemed it price gouging.
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Masks

No, the price was $40 for 2 masks and 50 filters

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Masks

@*kazumi* wrote:

why should I wait 10 days for my $60?  

Because a listing being removed doesn't mean that there is something wrong with the item, or that the seller won't send / hasn't sent it - eBay doesn't act on the presumption of those things per se, it's either a policy breach of some kind, or an allegation, and they send the same email to all buyers regardless of the reason the listing is gone, whether it was because someone reported it for X reason, or because the seller was a bit late paying their fees. The seller is unlikely to actually be able to mark as sent, but you should be able to access their email from the PayPal receipt and contact them that way.

The seller who has run out should absolutely provide a refund ASAP, though. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Masks

Try Bunnings or one of the other hardware stores. I checked Bunnings on Sunday, just to see what was there, and they had truck loads of "gas masks" (the ones that take the big round filters), and truck loads of P2/N95 masks. 

I made up a pandemic box years ago. Nothing big, but enough to get me out of trouble. People mocked me and laughed at me. I am certainly not a doomsday prepper, just a realist. Who is the smart one now mockers? 😄 So far I've not needed to access my box, but in the event I do, we will be safe. To be honest, I'd more set up for something like Ebola than this type of thing, so I have big plastic sheets to hang up to create an airlock at the front and back door, or for if anyone comes to the door. 

I have enough hand sanitiser, liquid soap, gloves, gowns, masks to sink the Bismark. Am I selling any of it? Hell no! I have family that may need it.

Seriously though, try the hardware shops. From experience, the 3M brand is excellent, but all have to comply with Australian standards, so any P2/N95 masks will keep you out of trouble. Listings for PPE are continuously being removed from eBay, so you could have trouble actually getting something. Thank the price gouger, fake listings.

Just as an FYI, some hospitals in the US are saying you can keep using an N95 for 28 days. At the end of the shift, pop it in a zip lock bag, squeeze the air out and use it again tomorrow. Not sure I like that idea, but if that's the only choice you have, then I would probably do it until I could get more. 

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply