Mis-representation by sellers

Hi all,

I've been looking at buying an iPhone 5 and searched eBay. Several sellers listed the price at around $A120. One advertises: "Apple iPhone 5S- 16GB 32GB GSM "Factory Unlocked" Smartphone Gray ,Silver ,Gold Price: AU $119.99" - seemed a good deal until I clicked and discovered the price is for the case NOT the phone. I e mailed one seller, who replied, "It is my pleasure to serve you at any convenience.For this price , it is a case."

I sent off an e mail to the seller in question - the following message:

>>Thank you for the reply.

You should be honest with your advert and say case for the search NOT as you have done - "Apple iPhone 5S- 16GB 32GB GSM "Factory Unlocked" Smartphone Gray ,Silver ,Gold Price: AU $119.99"

As you want to tell a lie in your advert I will NOT buy from you and report you and others to eBay. In my country we have a consumer affairs organisattion that fines dishonest traders like you - as you are advertising on the Australian eBay site, I wonder if those laws apply to you.

It is a pity you spoil the good name of so many in the way you tell LIES.>>

The above seller is not the only one who uses such false advertising tactics to get buyers and I believe you as a professional and ethical company should ban such sellers.
Thank you in advance
David Gawthorn
Australia

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

This is a member to member board, eBay don't read the boards.

Phones and other electronics are best bought in person. Certainly not from overseas sellers, and definitely not from China.

Besides, Chinese sellers seem to be immune to eBay policies.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you - so how can I get this message to eBay head office please

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You could use the REPORT ITEM tag on the listing?    About half way down, on the right.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

buying phones on ebay is not recomended, its fraught with disaster.

phones are one of the top complained about purchases on the boards.

much better to buy new from a real store so if you have a problem you can TAKE IT BACK

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Most of my phones have been purchased on ebay and I have had no problems what so ever with them.

Not all sellers of phones are out to scam you,but I guess you have to be prepared for the worse but also

never rush into buying a phone that looks to good (cheap) to be true.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply