Misleading ads

i see  no place or way to report this to ebay as misleading but these ads seem deliberatly misleading to me - it looked to me like it was $2.95 for 10  shown in my list of other ads I didnt beleive it - but I did click just in case - 

What I see in preview.png

And no , they have posted the same photo multiple times

Main Section of Add.png

and just happened to have put the 10X overlay in the first photo  ths this is the one ebay chooses to display and thus chosen by ebay not by the advertiser. In this case its a little blatent as they repeated the 10X so it is first and last

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Misleading ads

@rjwilson34 wrote:

i see  no place or way to report this to ebay as misleading but these ads seem deliberatly misleading to me - it looked to me like it was $2.95 for 10  shown in my list of other ads I didnt beleive it - but I did click just in case - 

What I see in preview.png 

and just happened to have put the 10X overlay in the first photo  ths this is the one ebay chooses to display and thus chosen by ebay not by the advertiser. In this case its a little blatent as they repeated the 10X so it is first and last

No, the seller chooses which photo to display, not eBay.

There's a "report item" link on the RHS of the listing page, but if it's an Asian seller, don't expect eBay to do anything about it - Asian seller's are untouchable unfortunately.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Misleading ads

If you place cursor over the pack size you get the price for 1, 2, 3,5 or 10 packs and the price for the pack. May seem like price for 10 pack for $2.95 but when you go to pay it will ask what size pack you want. Plenty of this style ads on E-Bay. The seller as mentioned chooses what picture to display, should have been the seconded photo.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Misleading ads

its a common tactic used mostly by chinese sellers.

very annoying but ebay allows it.

if an advert seems to be too good to be true it usually is.

i left my 2nd only red dot to a chinese seller just a few days ago for much the same thing.

advertised 4Pcs of an item for $1

no where in the listing did it say you would recieve only 1 item for the $1

so i tested them, and sure enough after a month in the post i got just 1 of the item not 4Pcs as both illistrated and printed in the ad.

so i kicked them up the proverbial.

btw, other chinese sellers are selling the item at 4 for just over $2 so the offer could well have been legit. not big money but a lie is a lie.

tricky wording and pictures i can deal with, but plain lying i wont put up with.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply