Missing Parcel Mystery

Honestly - where do they go...and why?

It seems a recent purchase has apparently been lost in the mail.  Impeccable seller (and not from a country with a dodgy postal system), item would have no customs issues either, parcel is correctly addressed, letterbox big enough to take it (or a good safe drop place if it isn't)....but among all the stuff purchased lately it goes missing....and it's not rare or expensive either so I can't imagine who would want to steal it.

I wonder what happened to my purchase.  It's a mystery.

(Seller has promised to send a replacement - fingers crossed it turns up!)

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Missing Parcel Mystery

Thank you for the kind words.  I've had an email from the seller this evening asking about the parcel....so I've had to give her the bad news.  I've also sent a query to Aust Post on the off chance they may be able to track it, but I'm not optimistic.  Certainly my local PO hasn't seen it.

Wouldn't it be funny if whoever got the first parcel then got the second one?  I wish then that at least one of the parcels would be forwarded on to me!

Message 21 of 25
Latest reply

Missing Parcel Mystery

An additional question would be - when the parcel is correctly address (and by correctly I mean also having a return address) I wonder how many make it back to the sender when they do not make it to the intended recipient.

I know missing parcels are a frustration, especially when a business relies havily on posting items, but when you consider the millions of parcels that make it to the destination each day out of the millions sent, the error factor is most likely quite small.

Anyone can make mistakes, my major gripe is that AP (and a lot of other ligistics company's) either refuse to reimburse you or make you jump through so many hoops to inititate a claim, that many just don't bother and write it off as a loss.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 22 of 25
Latest reply

Missing Parcel Mystery

I was thinking that maybe you can try the dead letter office... it might be there waiting to be claimed. Sometimes when a parcel isnt packaged properly and you'll be amazed how many people still package things with very thin brown paper..... not saying that the seller you bought from did this.... but anyway... when contents of a parcel are loose and we have no idea where they came from... we send them to the DLO..... Dead Letter Office... contact your local Post Office and describe the contents of your parcel/parcels...

Perhaps something good might come from this, hope it helps

kind regards from Stella 🙂

Message 23 of 25
Latest reply

Missing Parcel Mystery

Update:  After nearly a month since it was posted AP found the (replacement) parcel - the one with tracking.  Turns out the seller meant it was sent registered, rather than with just tracking.  I don't know why Registered parcels from Europe don't show up on AP's website (at least for members of the public) but I had the same mystery trip issue with a small registered parcel from Germany a while ago.

Because the parcel was registered and I missed the delivery I haven't actually got it yet. It still has to be transferred to another post office so I can collect it.  Latest news from AP is that should happed in 'a couple of business days'.  I have already informed the seller it has been found.  I am really looking forward to getting my purchase at last.

Even though it looks like having a (fairly) happy ending - bearing in mind the first parcel has never turned up - I don't think I will be bidding on any more items from the seller.  I don't either of us could stand the stress again!

Message 24 of 25
Latest reply

Missing Parcel Mystery

I am happy for you, that finally you will receive the parcel, it has taken a long time though but still at least you will receive it soon...

all the best with kind regards

from Stella 🙂

Message 25 of 25
Latest reply