No after pay

Hi, i have tried to buy yesterday and the seller had afterpay on front page, when going thru checkout there was no after pay. I do not have any multiple buys in my trolley or any restrictions etc. I have no upfront payments to make, with afterpay, a good customer, so i dont need money in bank. I know there was a issue with this in the last week. Please tell me why this happens as i remember it happening before. Thank you

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

No after pay

...nothing to do with the seller....eBay places that on listings if YOU QUALIFY.....if you are having trouble, I suggest you contact Afterpay direct

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

No after pay

As mentioned, maybe you are not meeting afterpay's requirements

If it is happened often, it certainly suggests so

Although I am surprised 'you don't need money in the bank'  to be an afterpay user 

Being a good customer, buyers can only ever have 100% positive so that is nothing to do with anything 

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

No after pay

If you tell us the item number, we could try adding the item to our cart and see if we have the AfterPay option, just to know if the problem is really with you or general.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

No after pay

Usually a listing will state that Afterpay MAY be available.

Then if it's not in checkout, some items or categories don't qualify for Afterpay.

image host
Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

No after pay

You need to have at least the initial payment in the back.  I have used it often, latest yesterday but had more than was required in bank for sure.  As was suggested you will need to go to After pay and check with them

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

No after pay

Hi i went on line last night to buy from same person, but a different item and afterpay came up, so i bought,and it was 100 dollars more than the other item i wanted to buy.  i do not know why this happens, as i buy atleast 4 times a month, i have a choice weither to pay upfront or the first payment in 2 weeks. And i get to change my payment days upto 6 times a year, and i can buy 3.0000 limit with them, so the longer your with them and spend heaps you get rewarded. Anyway i have so many reasons why i believe ebay does this and it has nothing to do with having restrictions, as i have none. thought i would tell people about the non payments, as not many people know, thank you for feedback, not sure why ebay does this, i have no restrictions at all. So atleast i know it happens. Thank you

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

No after pay

Hi i dont need to have the first payment in bank, i have a choice weither to pay first payment or take it out in 2 weeks and my limit is 3.000 thousand to spend and i can change my payment dates upto 6 times a year, not the first payment or last, thats the catch. Anywsy no one seems to know about this. I have been a customer for 6 years. I went online last night and bought with afterpay with same person but different item and afterpay was there, i have many thoughts of why they do this, but would like to know exactly why this happens, thank you for ur input

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

No after pay

I bought with afterpay last night same person different item, and afterpay was there. i have many thoughts why they do this, but hard to write all down. But why not have afterpay with a 80 dollar item, but have afterpay with a 180 dollar item, which i spent last night. yes no afterpay for cheaper item which were earrings. Mayb its a way of getting more money who knows my mond boggles thank you for ur input. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

No after pay

Hi i did buy from same person last night, thinking i will try something else i want to buy. the item was 180 and afterpay was there, but wasnt there for earrings that were 80 dollars, so there is restrictions, but not caused by me. Mayb its a way for people to spend more money, no afterpay for 80 but afterpay for 180, i have many reasons why they do this but i would like to know exactly, but dont think i will find out, thought i will let you know, thanx for input. 

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply