No paypal option on listing for paypal ???

Just made a purchase of an item that is quite pricey and went to pay and there is no option for paypal..Is this right? I thought paypal as a payment method was compulsory on all listings..

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

You do not pay for it on line with a CC.

Call them and do it over the phone.

You have purchased under their terms so you need to pay up.

It is not fair to the seller and as you yourself as a seller would not be happy if a buyer did not pay you due to not reading before purchasing.

CC is safe and if the card was used fraudulently then the bank would give you back your money.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

Their phone number is in the listing so call them.

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

I have never defaulted on a 'buy' yet on ebay. I have never used any of these payment methods either and that is why I posted here to seek some help. I simply did not read the payment methods because in more then 10 years of buying have I ever had this situation arise. In actual fact I thought sellers had to included paypal as a payment option.. Thanks everyone for your advise.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

It really is quite safe to pay with CC, if they have a merchant facility they are clearly a recognised business. You ask them to send the invoice, you pay with CC. A few days later, check your bank to verify the payment amount is correct if you are worried, and if in the unlikely event it is not correct, a trip to your bank will have it sorted, as you have the proof of the payment amount on the invoice.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

The absolute safest way to pay is with a credit card direct. It is even safer than using Paypal especially if you have a card provider who doesn't cover 3rd party payments.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The seller actually offers 2 safe payment options....merchant credit facility and Paymate.

If you do not use a credit card on line how do you fund your paypal account?

And don't you ever pay your bills on line?

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal i dont have a  actual CC  i have a  internet eabled mastercard if if that makes   sense  IE my paypal is linked to   my mastercard  but it functions as a CC  it just uses my own money  so i can use  paypal or my mastercard to buy online  so maybe that person does too

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

But the OP can still use the Mastercard (or a Visa debit) just like a credit card to pay online. In which case, even with Paypal they have given out their CC details. Otherwise there is no real point in having one.

Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Carly, you use a  Mastercard Debit Card.  I have  Mastercard Credit Card and Visa Debit cards on several accounts.

My paypal is linked to one of the Debit cards and the bank account number for the same debit card.

In other words, paypal only has access to one account but I still have Visa protection in the event that I need to do a chargeback.

It is quite possible to exist and shop on line without having a credit card.

Our Business Account has a debit card attached and I regularly use it for internet payments...as much as $10,000.

But that aside, the OP is not claiming that she does not have a credit card....just that she does not give out the details on line.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

A credit card and a Visa debit card are fine but you need to look at your bank's policy re a Mastercard debit card as they do not automatically offer the same buyer protection as the others. They cover you for fraudulent use by another person but not for items not received or significantly not as described unless your bank has this as an extra feature.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 20 of 20
Latest reply