Opening eBay purchase dispute case redirects me to Paypal for CC purchase?

madame.fong
Community Member

I can't open a dispute case through eBay or Paypal. Help!

I purchased an item with my credit card and used the Paypal facility in order to pay with my credit card. The item never arrived and the seller has told me for about a week now they've refunded the money to me. I've not seen the money in my credit card online statement or in my Paypal account.

I went to eBay's dispute process and tried to open a claim and a message appears and says I purchased the item through Paypal. When I go to the Paypal site, there is only one transaction that is visible for a different item I purchased late last month. There are no other transactions that are visible that can be disputed.

I'm at a loss as to what to do now. The 45-day period is almost over and I can't lodge a case with either eBay OR Paypal. Has anyone else experienced this?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Lyndal I have to say that I think your assistance to this buyer is wonderful. WOW, I really don't know too many people who would hang around as you have offered to help in this manner. You are a rare gem.;-)

Message 11 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for that info Lyndal 🙂  Just double checking - does that mean that if someone uses PayPal as a guest, there is no record in PayPal of their purchase and the only proof of payment they have (apart from credit card statement) is their receipt?

Message 12 of 14
Latest reply

truly that would be correct as they have NO paypal account for any payment to be recorded too.

Message 13 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Yes, that is correct....payment as a guest can not be recorded in a non existent paypal account.  You must have an account to open a dispute, which means that the only record of the payment is in the paypal records, so you need to retrieve the transaction details.

It should not be a problem as the OP says she has the receipt.

Message 14 of 14
Latest reply