Paypal buyer protection and putting items through as shipping

Hi there, 

Long time buyer on eBay having significant difficulty trying to buy an Italian-made product, as it seems to not be sold outside of Italy or due to the language barrier and other sellers of the item hold tiny quantities and charge exhorbident shipping (Although I know what Italy is like...)

I say this as I have found one seller who will sell me the quantity of the time I want but will not set up the eBay listing to back it up and instead wants to put the extra items on as shipping. (and yes, I have this in writing through eBay messages)

I am looking to confirm what the risks are in this transation. Here is what I came up with

1. Can't say I didn't recieve the quantity I requested

2. Can't say I didn't recieve the colours I requested

3. Could say significantly not as described if I get the quantity and is more than 1

4. Could say never arrives if it never arrives

I do know a native ITalian speaker who I can have help me write a properly translated message explaining the risks to the seller, but, I don't want to spook him when I can't find anyone with acceptable quantities of the product who will ship globally, except him.

I await people telling me this is a bad idea.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I don't think anyone else needs to tell you it is a bad idea....You have already worked that out for yourself.

Have you tried looking for the item from a non ebay seller?

If a seller is deliberately trying to flout the rules I would be very loath to buy from him.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@mbeaumont7 wrote:

Hi there, 

I say this as I have found one seller who will sell me the quantity of the time I want but will not set up the eBay listing to back it up and instead wants to put the extra items on as shipping. (and yes, I have this in writing through eBay messages)

Does Italy get charged on the shipping cost as we do here.

If no,(they are trying to avoid fees).

If yes,then they will get charged the same amount of fees whichever way they do it and does the seller know

that they get charged on shipping).

There are still sellers coming to the boards here asking why they are getting charged on shipping costs.

The other one would be that they could give you a refund but not on the shipping costs.

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply