Paypal dispute

Hi all,

i purchased an item from a dodgy seller in china and the item was damaged upon receipt.

When i notified the seller, they were willing to refund 1/8th of the price i paid and did not reach a resolution.

Lodge a paypal dispute and the seller sent me an email stating that if i close the case, they will refund the amount via paypal. Thinking that this was okay i proceeded with closing the case.

They are now not responding to my emails and have yet to refund the amount. Where do i stand besides lodging a chargeback via my bank credit card to get my money back.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Paypal dispute

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Since you closed the dispute you have no other option.  It is a good thing that you funded your paypal payment with a credit card.

For the record....never close a dispute until you have your refund as it can not be reopened.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Paypal dispute

cq_tech
Community Member

I notice that you've not yet left negative feedback for your seller, but when you do, make sure you make no mention of Paypal disputes or your feedback may be removed.

Make sure also that you mark all his stars at 1 in each category (zeros don't count).

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Paypal dispute

Why on earth would you close the dispute? Did you not read the Paypal polcies when you joined and before you ever started using it?

If your bank covers 3rd party payments and you funded with a credit card then you can certainly try a chargeback with your bank but you will still have to return the item by registered international post just as you would with Paypal.

I would leave a neg and email the seller and tell them if your refund is not actioned within 48 hours you will be doing a chargeback through your bank.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Paypal dispute

I am sorry, I have to agree, NEVER close a case on a promise. Did you not think to respond to the seller that 'of course I will close the case as soon as I see the refund in my account.' ?

don't take life too seriously.......it's not permanent
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Paypal dispute

It is a common request from sellers to ask that in the hope the buyer knows no better and will happily comply.

Call paypal.

Tell them the seller tricked you into closing the dispute and as you had not had this happen you thought that closing the dispute was the right way to go and they might reopen it for you.

It has been done before and you have nothing to loose by asking.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Paypal dispute

Hi jenova, Sadly this happens quite often, another thing ebay are not to concerened about or they would do more about the shonky chinese sellers.

Leave them the worst feedback you can & mark all stars to the lowest, Then send them an email saying you will revise feedback once you receive your refund.

Doesnt always work but helped me get a refund from a dodgy chinese seller a while ago.

Tina

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply