Phantom items in my cart.

rodent4
Community Member

Ebay, why do you guys have phantom items in my cart that aren't there ? It **bleep**s me to tears.

Can it be turned off? 

"There's nothing there now but there could be!!!!"

If I need to see items in my CART, I'll place them there........thanks.

Jim

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

You'll need to ask them,eBay staff do not read here

Is this a new issue or has it happened before now too?

Friday is eBay fiddle day, so strange things happen every week

Stranger than usual that is..............................

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Freaky friday.

But ignore notifications, if nothing in your cart then that's what you go by.

The bell notifications has a mind of it's own and will show things from months ago.

image host
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@rodent4 wrote:

Ebay, why do you guys have phantom items in my cart that aren't there ? It **bleep**s me to tears.

Can it be turned off? 

"There's nothing there now but there could be!!!!"

They do it each time after you've paid for an item so it's eBay's desperate way of trying to get you to buy

more items in case you are in a buying mood (I just click on the cart and then hit the back button,problem

solved).

It's actually put me of buying a few times and when I get annoyed enough with it I delete my watch list in

frustration for being lied to again,(at least it saving me a bit of money and I've actually started sending money from my PP account to the bank where as before what ever I received was spent on eBay).blush-1.gif

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

FIVE months, tazz

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

So how the hell did it come up in my feed as not read if it's an old thread,Angry head bang.gif

What triggered this thread to show? (it was one of only 5 threads that I hadn't read and obvioulsy I'd read this

one in the past but it still showed as not read).stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

I just looked that Kopes had answered so presumed it to be a current thread as having to look at the date of

the last post to see if it's an old thread is just plain stupidity on behalf of however made it current,tease.gif

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It rang a bell, on a 'new' thread, so I checked the date.

It's either been dragged from somewhere else by a bored mod or somebody posted to bump it and got moderated.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

There have been a number of old threads dragged up today....none of them have been dragged up by new posts.

The Mods must be bored.....they are dragging up old threads to get some action happening on the boards.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

There was another one that was dragged up on the AC boards from 2014...................GRRRR.

But at least that wasn't the mods - and it can't be seen or heard of unless someone had replied to it back 5 years ago.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

go-tazz, were you attracted by the mysterious phantom element of the post?

I do get a bit of a chuckle at the idea of a haunted eBay cart.

Whoooo-ooooo-oooo

Ghost

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply