Pick Up purchase at Woolwotrths

If seller offers option of Pick-Up purchase at Woolworths, does this mean you do not have to pay the postage they have quoted?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If there is postage quoted you still have to pay it....the seller still has to post the item to Woolworths/BigW

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I don't see the point in having parcel sent to Woolies or Big W if postage still applies.  You may as well have it sent to your home - no hassle.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I assume some people do not want/can't have things sent to their house for various reasons

Does the seller refuse to post to a home address (is click and collect at Woolworths the only service they offer?)

Postage still applies because the seller (unless they are in fact Woolworths) does not send it there for free, or have it picked up from their house for free by someone from Woolowrths) (I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong)they would be charged a fee, on top of ebay and pay pal fees

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

The reasoning behind Click & Collect as an alternative option to having it delivered to the Post Office or your home was aimed at customers who are not home during the day because of work - and /or their working hours make it difficult to get to the Post Office to pick up their items.

The Seller still has to post it with Australia Post who deliver it to Woolworths/Big W instead of your home or the PO.

Postage still has to be paid.

WW then inform ebay that they have received your parcel and ebay let you know the Code Number you need to pick up at WW.

From reading the Boards - it sometimes works well and sometimes it doesn't.

There are a few threads about the efficacy of this procedure which may be worth reading.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply