Pitney Bowes double charging! Can I request refund from Global Shipping Program?

9647ian
Community Member

I am fed up with Pitney Bowes and the Global Shipping Program. I wanted to buy three items from a seller and requested that he send them under one cover to save on postage. But as he is with the Global Shipping Program he could not do this. So I had to make three separate international shipping payments on the items. But when two of the items got to the Global Shipping Centre in KY, what did Pitney Bowes do? They sent the two items in the same parcel, thus saving them money on independent postage that I have paid for. Excuse me, but isn't this called "double-dipping"? Should they not refund part of the money they have received?

The third item I purchased from the seller has gone missing in action. Tracing shows it ended up being "delivered" to a mail box in Manchester, Georgia. The crazy thing is the tracking shows Manchester, Georgia as a "Global Shipping Centre". It is not. There is only a small post office in Manchester, Georgia. I contacted Pitney Bowes and they simply tell me that they did not receive the parcel and I should contact the seller.

I contacted the seller and he has discovered the parcel was indeed delivered to a former customer of his who lives in Manchester, Georgia. Evidently this person had received the article but was very confused, because it was not something he had ordered. Now it all depends on this person's honesty in returning it to the sender so that he can post it to me. This time I think I will give Pitney Bowes a miss as I am sure the problem will be too great for them to handle. Seems they are okay while everthing is going fine, but if a hiccup occurs along the way, such as a stuff up on the part of USPS or a carrier, they will lose the item and then be of no help at all in recovering it. Their tracking is Third World standard. Even the tracking coming from China is far superior. If you complain they simply ask you to contact the seller or ebay. If you request ebay, they simply tell you to claim a refund. In my opinion this is not fair on the seller, who has acted in good faith and honesty.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Pitney Bowes double charging! Can I request refund from Global Shipping Program?

Pitney Bowes DO NOT combine postage costs. I also think it is a big ask to expect PB to know the seller sent the item to the wrong place, or to know anything about it before it hits KY.

So, your first complaint is due to assumption, and your second complaint is squarely down to the seller.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I have been blocked from replying. Go figure! What next. Will ebay ban me?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You assume you know all about it. You DO NOT!

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Nor do you, obviously.

Your bleat about the 3rd item is risible.

How is it Pitney Bowes' fault that the SELLER sent it to the wrong place? Whilst the seller might well be honest and upfront, it is the seller who sent the item to the wrong place and caused the problem. YOU are the one who seems to (incorrectly) think this has something to do with PB. I fail to see how that impacts on PB's reliability or likelihood of processing the item properly if/when they receive it.

It is not a PB/GSP issue. It is the seller's issue. They are the one who stuffed up.

As you seem unable to grasp this, it would appear I know more about it than you. If this is not the case, why are you asking the question?

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Hi 9647ian, I feel your frustration. Ever since this monstrosity PB appeared on the scene, it has been a curse for buyers and it doesn't end there. Sad to hear you are another of the thousands of people that have been made to suffer because of greed.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply