Positive Feedback from Sellers for Buyers is important too!!

Just thought I would 'pop in' and say that I have read many, many times on discussion boards, personal slips sent thru mail to arrive with items  etc....how sellers really want me (as a buyer) to remember to give them positive feedback. Well, it is REALLY important for me as a buyer to receive same from buyers-the courtesy to REMEMBER to grant me some positive feedback if they are happy with the transaction from wo to go :)......just a vent!!!

Message 1 of 44
Latest reply
43 REPLIES 43

.....correction: Well, it is really important for me as a buyer to receive same from SELLERS (not buyers)-............too much buying....I need to take a break:))

Message 2 of 44
Latest reply

just out of curiosity, exactly why is the feedback so important to you as a buyer?  I mean, it is not like your sellers will scan your feedback to decide whether to sell to you or not.  What are you going to do with your feedback?  You can't sell or trade it.

Don't get me wrong, when I first started on eBay I checked my feedback regularly and it did seem terribly important to me.  I found that my feedback has consistently run at about 80%, meaning for every 10 feedback I left I got 8 back.  Yours is running at 95%, which I would consider to be well above average for those that are 'buyers only'.

I am proud to admit that I don't get so caught up about eBay feedback any more.  I still leave more than I get, but that's okay because feedback is voluntary and I respect the right of those I transact with to not leave feedback for whatever reason.

Message 3 of 44
Latest reply

Why?

As has been stated many times, as you would know from your reading, feedback for buyers is a count of the number of things you've bought from sellers who leave feedback.

Unlike a seller's feedback, a buyer's feedback (being only able to be positive) is not a reflection of the member's business or professionalism.

All you can do with it is count it.

Message 4 of 44
Latest reply

I found that my feedback has consistently run at about 80%, meaning for every 10 feedback I left I got 8 back.

just a point of clarification, the figure I quoted for my feedback is totalled over three eBay IDs.  On this ID it runs at 88%, yet on another it is a lot lower.

Message 5 of 44
Latest reply

k1ooo-slr-sales and  davewil1964 

I wondered what difference it makes why buyers like feedback???

If paintsew007 had bought something off you and sent you basically the same information as was in the OP with a request for feedback........

Would you question the buyer as to why they wanted feedback... and tell them that feedback was useless?????

or

Would you accede to their request politely and move on hoping to generate more business with the buyer???

I believe great customer service starts by dealing politely with those that are not yet customers.

So why alienate the original poster and try to "train" them to your perception of acceptable ebay ethos when all they are asking for is a comment and a + mark that comes free, takes seconds to leave and by your own admissions you both believe is pointless...???

Your comments remind me of sellers who ask buyers what they are going to do with a purchase... especially if it is an unusual item or item parts that a seller judges as "useless"...

I sell items sometimes that I believe are absolutely useless... however I learned a long time ago to never to ask a buyer WHY they bought a certain item albeit a scrap of paper, broken bits and pieces or whatever

... (as long as I am happy with the description and I believe the buyer understands the condition or quality of an item)

.... well the same goes for feedback... what difference does it make "why"?

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 6 of 44
Latest reply

JMO but if I were a seller & was left positive but with negative comment by a buyer,I wouldn't be falling over myself to leave any feedback for that buyer.

Message 7 of 44
Latest reply

Although I always give feedback I never look at my feedback from sellers, or from buyers. I only care that I have enough to establish some sort of credibility as a seller - maybe 20-30 feedback, and then after that I don't care unless I happen to get any bad feedback from a buyer. 

Latest reply

I always leave feedback for buyers, it is the polite thing to do if a transaction has gone smoothly. I used to leave individual comments for each buyer, but with larger volumes that is not possible, so I use the ebay automated feedback (with my own comments). It is easy and quick and I do believe feedback is important to both buyers and sellers - it reflects (or should reflect), each traders values as an honest buyer or seller.

Message 9 of 44
Latest reply

I leave feedback as soon as I've posted, viewmont, so the situation will never arise.

Doesn't make it of any value to the buyer, but.

Message 10 of 44
Latest reply