Postage time from USA to Australia

With all the delays in Postage due to Coronavirus, I thought I would pass this information on. I purchased an item from the USA which is still in transit. I have been watching the tracking, and noticed that it was "out for delivery" in Kentucky USA. So contacted the Seller to find out what is going on and was informed that it is something new due to Coronavirus and set up by eBay. Shipped via eBay Standard International and sent to an eBay sorting facility before being forwarded to Australia. This would explain why other buyers are claiming things are taking around 6 weeks to arrive in Australia. I would presume that things are held until they have enough items going to the one destination because of limited International flights.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Can someone who has purchased via GSP tell me what happens. When you purchase does the amount of shipping change tfrom what was originally listed? If you purchase and pay, do they then come back and demand more for postage after you have paid? Shouldn't the amount of postage in the listing be all you should be paying? Could someone please explain how this all works. Many thanks.

The screenshots I gave you before were from an actual purchase of mine that is currently in transit from the US. The amount paid with shipping and import fees doesn't change after the purchase. Once you've paid that's it, no more to pay.

I try to avoid the GSP but in this case it was a rare Japanese collectible and the GSP charges were very reasonable.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Sounds like your seller might think it is new and an eBay sorting facility but if it is Erlanger, Kentucky then that is nothing new.

That will be the GSP run by Pitney Bowes and many sellers in the USA have been opted into it without knowing.

image host
Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If it is the GSP there is no waiting for an international flight....it will come with FedEx as it always has.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Sounds like your seller might think it is new and an eBay sorting facility but if it is Erlanger, Kentucky then that is nothing new.

That will be the GSP run by Pitney Bowes and many sellers in the USA have been opted into it without knowing.

On the listing it says "eBay International Standard Delivery" No indication that it is the GSP, It has gone to Elanger, KY. So what will it mean to me if it is the GSP in disguise? Thanks for your thoughts on this.

B.jpg

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

The giveaways for GSP are on the listing page at the RHS of the photo as highlighted below :-

Capture.PNG

Edit. in that same listing it shows "eBay International Standard Delivery" 

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

The GSP logo was not on this item, otherwise I would not have purchased it. According to eBay, GSP always has this logo and postage payment is split into two parts. So this definitely doesn't sound like it would be GSP in disguise. Tracking now shows the item has gone to Melrose Park.

Can someone who has purchased via GSP tell me what happens. When you purchase does the amount of shipping change tfrom what was originally listed? If you purchase and pay, do they then come back and demand more for postage after you have paid? Shouldn't the amount of postage in the listing be all you should be paying? Could someone please explain how this all works. Many thanks.Melrose Park.jpg

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@shoppingbag* wrote:

Can someone who has purchased via GSP tell me what happens. When you purchase does the amount of shipping change tfrom what was originally listed? If you purchase and pay, do they then come back and demand more for postage after you have paid? Shouldn't the amount of postage in the listing be all you should be paying? Could someone please explain how this all works. Many thanks.

The screenshots I gave you before were from an actual purchase of mine that is currently in transit from the US. The amount paid with shipping and import fees doesn't change after the purchase. Once you've paid that's it, no more to pay.

I try to avoid the GSP but in this case it was a rare Japanese collectible and the GSP charges were very reasonable.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks for the information. I can see now that it is the added import fees that would make it as two amounts. My purchase is going through with just one payment, no mention of import fees. I have looked at other listings for the GSP and see that import duties are on all of them. How can they justify these charges? There should be no import fees, apart from the GST on all of the items I looked at. Doesn't this amount to fraud, claiming fees for import duties when there are none?

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

If the GSP is used Pitney Bowes are the ones who collect the GST and charge for doing so....these charges are lumped together as Import Charges and include the GST.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

And shipping.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply