Question re returning faulty goods to China

I purchased some cupboard handles from a a seller in China. I am not happy with 18 of the 28 ordered. Some are faulty and some are just extremely poor quality.

I have opened a dispute thru ebay. The seller initially agreed to reimburse me 50% of my money and keep the items but they are of no use to me if more than half are faulty etc. The seller has now agreed for me to return the handles and will reimburse in full but no mention has been made of them paying the return postage cost.

I am of the understanding that under the MBG the seller is responsible for the return postage. If it was an Australian seller the return postage cost would not be an issue for me  (Auspost 1kg box)

I have never posted internationally. Just checked the Auspost site and am not sure which postage service I need to use. Can someone please tell me which one. They all seem very expensive and I would  like to be able to reply to the seller re the return with a postage cost.

TIA

Susan

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Why buy from China - in the first instance.

Geez.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Cheapest option is EMS airmail with tracking to China, you may find it not worth the postage should have taken the 50% refund

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

If you opened a case and eBay found in your favour the usual thing that happens is you get 100% refund and get to keep the faulty/defective items.

If they are that bad just bin them.

Returning the items will cost you more than you paid for them and I doubt if the seller would want them back anyway.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

@ausbargainbasement wrote:

Cheapest option is EMS airmail with tracking to China, you may find it not worth the postage should have taken the 50% refund

Under the MBG if the buyer wins the case the seller has to pay return postage, if they don't after the buyer has sent the items back eBay will reimburse the buyer and chase the seller for the postage.

If that happens it can be a tedious process to get the money out of eBay...................................

Edit, you're correct on that side of it as well digu. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

i think this could be a 'buyer beware' when buying from china, you may be buying carp when the photo looks like gold. i'm curious as to the sellers feedback score?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Thankyou to most people for their helpful replies

Yes it will cost more to return than what the item is worth. I have now asked the seller to cover the return postage cost under the MBG. I am quite happy to bin them if I receive a refund. They are extremely shabby.

I purchased the same handles from another seller in china a few months back and was very happy with them. Even though the pictures used by both sellers are identical there was a major difference in quality.  

Susan

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply