Re-posting item at triple the original posting

dmc6410
Community Member

I bid on a set of crampons originally advertised at $50 the winning bid was $87, not my bid. The exact same item was then re-advertised after bidding ended at $150. Is this ethical and how can it be allowed if someone won the bid with $87? - unless of course the owner was upping the bid and nor satisfied with the $87 winning cost.  I was not able to leave any negative feedback for the seller because there was no transaction between us but this behaviour should be highlighted and the seller held accountable.

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

@dmc6410 wrote:

I bid on a set of crampons originally advertised at $50 the winning bid was $87, not my bid. The exact same item was then re-advertised after bidding ended at $150. Is this ethical and how can it be allowed if someone won the bid with $87? - unless of course the owner was upping the bid and nor satisfied with the $87 winning cost.  I was not able to leave any negative feedback for the seller because there was no transaction between us but this behaviour should be highlighted and the seller held accountable.

The item that you bid on sold on 17.10.14. for $87.98, well above your bid of $55.00.

Have not been able to find any other sold,completed or current listings for that seller.

Suggest you post the item number of the $150.00 sale you are referring to so that other posters can look at it for you.

Your post is somewhat confusing as you state it was relisted AFTER bidding ended at $150.00...please clarify.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

The item sold at 87.50 - this exact same item was relisted the day after it was sold for $150 - I don;t believe it was bid on the second time it was advertised - it is now no longer listed. i emailed the seller to query why it was relisted at $150 and not sold in the fist auction for 87.50 but recieved no reply.

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

@dmc6410 wrote:

The item sold at 87.50 - this exact same item was relisted the day after it was sold for $150 - I don;t believe it was bid on the second time it was advertised - it is now no longer listed. i emailed the seller to query why it was relisted at $150 and not sold in the fist auction for 87.50 but recieved no reply.

Hmmm.....always save items in your watch list particularly in cases like this.

They stay there for 60 days & should you feel something is not kosher you can then report the item.

However in this case best to just move on.

BTW the seller is under no obligation to reply to your message.

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

@dmc6410 wrote:

Ok, back again,have not got much on today so am doing some sleuthing to set your mind at ease.

The listing you are referring to ended on 24.10.14 at $150.00 with zero bids.

Watch this space !

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

ok thanks

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If the seller had a second item the same he could have listed it as soon as the first auction finished.  Nothing suspicious in that.

Do you have any evidence that it was the same item being relisted?

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

The seller did not relist immediately....it was 3 days later.

You have no way of knowing if/why the sale fell through.  The buyer may have gone to pick them up and found something wrong with them, or there could have been a mutual cancellation.

It is nothing to do with you...you were outbid well and truly and the seller is not answerable to you.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Crampons? OMG I soooooooooooo read that wrong !!!!!!!Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Embarassed

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@retailtherapist_8 wrote:

Crampons? OMG I soooooooooooo read that wrong !!!!!!!Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Embarassed

Pearler ! Can't stop laughing !

These will help you climb the walls at that awkward time !

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply