Removed items from Scheduled Listings

Ebay just isn't fun anymore,
Just copped a 3 day suspension for having a brooch listed as a pendant, it was actually both, I hadn't finished the listing, Scheduled Listings are not live, so why does Ebay remove them? They also said the item could be revised and relisted and I could find it in my unsold items, of course ot wasn't there, all that time waisted in description, size, weight, photos etc, Ebay is getting too rigid with its rules, policies and procedures, hence why so many sellers are leaving, we the sellers make Ebay their income and yet we are treated with contempt, Cherylb8668

I
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

go-tazz
Community Member

@cherylb8668 wrote:
Ebay just isn't fun anymore,
Just copped a 3 day suspension for having a brooch listed as a pendant, it was actually both, I hadn't finished the listing, Scheduled Listings are not live,

scheduled listings are checked because they are considered live (hence why it was removed).

Any listing that you haven't finished with should be put as a draft so that you can come back to it and finish it

before listing.

That way you wont get an infringement.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Why are they considered LIVE when they are NOT?
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

As for Drafts, 20 drafts in 30 days is not enough in time and number.
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Use Seller hub. You get significantly more than that, for between 6 and 10 weeks. Or Inventory (if you are subscribed to SMP) and you get about 400 (20 per product name), which are not time limited.

As far as the rest, keep your pics until an item sells (or lists at least) and your description in Notepad. That way you can recreate a listing with little angst.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

@cherylb8668 wrote:
Why are they considered LIVE when they are NOT?

Because you have listed it for sale on eBay (it just wont start until the stipulated time).

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@cherylb8668 wrote:
As for Drafts, 20 drafts in 30 days is not enough in time and number.

You can save drafts of your listings to finish later. Youโ€™ll find your drafts on the Drafts page in My eBay, or on the Manage Drafts page in Seller Hub. You can save up to 250 drafts through the quick listing tool on eBay.com and the eBay mobile app, and up to 5,000 through the single and bulk advanced listing tools in Seller Hub. Drafts expire after 30 days.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I only use the phone app, I dont have a computer, as it is, the phone app has so many problems, yes, if I had a computer I'm sure I could do all of the above, Seller Hub etc, I am 70 years old, I don't need the complications of a dictational bureaucracy, that is now over the top, which gives defects and suspensions to the sellers, OMG I had the category correct, (Fine Jewllery) but had brooch in the title, instead of Pendant Brooch as it was both, I have been an ebay user, since Ebay's conception in 1999, It has continued to become so rigid with rules and policies, I guess that's why the Facebook Market place has become so popular, Once back in the early 2000's a seller could give a buyer a negative, slowly but surely it is now all geared in the buyers favour, not the sellers, still miffed at my suspension Cherylb8668
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Now if you cop a suspension they hide all your selling items from view, so you cant sell anything, I have copped suspensions before, The worst one was using the words "Shabby Chic" Ebay contented that Laura Ashley owned those two words, that was a 30 day suspension, a court case followed as so many sellers were suspended, The court case resulted that no-one can own those 2 words, did Ebay compensate, not on your life, 30 days was far too severe, Cherylb8668
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Actually I cant remember if it was Laura Ashley or Rachel Ashwell.
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply